News and things..

  • Jon Attwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2007
      Hej!

      Where to start. I guess new and up coming releases is a good one.

      Out now: Little Darla Has A Treat For You v25 - Endless summer 2007-08

      Includes new and exclusive yellow6 song 'Encase' along with stuff from
      aarktica, stafraenn hakon, port-royal, section 25, japancakes and many more
      (2CD, 32 tracks - get it from Darla or yellow6.com)

      Out November 12th is the Dreamboat records 2008 sampler

      Includes new and exclusive yellow6 song 'L#2' and a track by White Noise
      Masking, a new collaboration between Dave Collingwood (Dreamboat /
      Gravenhurst / Azalea City Penis Club) and Jon Attwood (yellow6).

      Also includes Robin Allender, Gala Band, Rollercoaster Project. Available
      on the Gravenhurst tour, from Dreamboat, Bleep, iTunes and I should get a
      few.

      Last but certainly not least. merry6mas2007 is almost upon us and should be
      available late November/early December.. This years offering will have
      packaging yet to be determined (but most likely something minimal, diy and
      arty with sticky backed plastic and cornflake packets or something. the last
      bit is probably not true in case this affects your decision to purchase. or
      not)

      So - the most important thing is the music and, subject to final
      confirmation, the track list will be:

      Burning holes in the sky (y6 2007 - unreleased)

      Diamond (y6 2007 - unreleased)

      In some other (y6 2007 - unreleased)

      L#4 (y6 2007 - unreleased)

      Phase1 (y6 2007 - unreleased)

      Down (recorded with Mark Simnett and Jason Perez)

      LAM-Y6 (collaboration with LAM)

      Karola Bloch (Port-Royal remixed by Y6)

      Life On Mars (Televise remixed by Y6)

      Available from make mine mailorder, Norman records, yellow6 and other fine
      retailers

      LIVE:

      A couple of gigs coming up:

      25 November: Council Flat @ Luna Lounge, Brooklyn (Charles Wyatt and Jon
      Attwood)

      01 December: Rothko, Rameses III, Yellow6 @ Hat Factory, Luton UK

      20 December: Geisha, Azalea City Penis Club, Yellow6 - The Croft, Bristol

      finally, some teasers for 2008.

      limited cdr for Distant Noise

      'iamstringsthatrembleunderabow' - album spring 2008 (collaboration between
      Dirk Serries (Fear Falls Burning) and Jon Attwood (Yellow6))

      Council Flat - recording early 2008 for potential album release (Charles
      Wyatt and Jon Attwood)

      A new album from Yellow6, hopefully on vinyl (spring 2008?)

      thanks for sticking with it this far...

      jon.

      some lynx

      http://www.darla.com

      http://www.dreamboatrecords.co.uk/catalogue/2008/

      http://www.myspace.com/thelam2

      AND some good stuff i've heard today...

      http://www.myspace.com/camdeasmusic

      http://www.myspace.com/stillcrescent

      http://www.myspace.com/worldoffox

      - y e l l o w 6 -
      <http://www.yellow6.com/> www.yellow6.com

      - make mine music -
      www.makeminemusic.co.uk <http://www.makeminemusic.co.uk/>

      - MySpace -
      www.myspace.com/jonyellow6

    • jamie hills
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2007
        hey everyone

        any blurb on cargo night next week, i got my tickets , havent been to gig in while, well, not noise related, whatdya reckon, gonna be good, im taking a couple of friends along, and wanted to blow there minds, will jacki o mf kick off or not..??

      • Nic Chautru
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2007
          I thought jomf had cancelled (at least that the case in bristol), when they
          are playing you always take a chance : can be either genius or nostrilistic.

          except that cargo is one of my favourite venue (look-wise that's literaly
          the concert hall of dream of, brick walls, voutes, atmosphere, homy in a
          way...). Been there only a couple of times (david pajo, afrirampo, six
          organs of admittance + magik markers) and always loved it. No ale on the tap
          though, that's the only major issue...
          -Nic