Wrecking Switzerland

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2007

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 382 [979*]: Wreck Switzerland
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      13 Augustus 2007 // 17.00-19.00

      "I like it in Switzerland / Where I switch the land / into Upsetterland"
      o Lee Scratch Perry

      "Be like a twinklin' star / above my headŠ Like a star above / In the
      sky above"
      o Erika Stucky

      Rätschtal > Goats / Cyrill Schläpfer [1]
      Motor > Traktor Vevey [2]
      Ke Pris du Wotsch ja Doch > Trio Bürgler-Rickenbacher [2]
      Dr Gändeler > Pflanzplätz [3]
      Rätschtal > Goats / Cyrill Schläpfer [1]
      Star of Munster > Pflanzplätz [3]
      Es isch kei sölige Stamme > Pflanzplätz [3]
      Wududu > Stimmhorn [4]
      Geissrudel zieht Vorbei > Goats / Cyrill Schläpfer [1]
      Val Lung > Stimmhorn [4]
      Anneli (Ur-Mix) > Christine Lauterburg [5]
      Stueckish > Erika Stucky [6]
      Alpabfahrt mit 754 Schafen > Sheep / Cyrill Schläpfer [1a]
      Der Jules > Erika Stucky [6]
      Gazoline Polka > Erika Stucky [6]
      Dr Fluehöfler > Pragelchörli [7]
      Good Woman > Erika Stucky [6]
      Dr Alphirt > Jodlerduett Anton Büeler & Josef Ulrich [7]
      A dr Theres Ira > Jodlerduett Anton Büeler & Josef Ulrich [7]
      Blueberry Hill > Erika Stucky [6]
      De Schratte Schäfer > Famille Zihlmann [8]
      Philomene > Erika Stucky [6]
      E Loschtigs Appezeller Völkli > Famille Jakob Düsel [8]
      Slow Snow > Erika Stucky [6]
      Herz > Doppelbock + Christine Lauterburg [9]
      Crazy [Patsy Cline] > Erika Stucky [6]
      Halbtraum > Doppelbock + Christine Lauterburg [9]
      I Can't Coompete > Erika Stucky [6]
      Juuz un Lockler > Leo Niederöst & Franz Imhof [8]
      Nice Time in Switzerland > Lee Scratch Perry & Peeni Waali [10]
      Kurzum > Stimmhorn [11]
      Alpabfahrt mit 754 Schafen > Sheep / Cyrill Schläpfer [1a]
      + Daverende Carnaval Hits
      + Mahalia Jackson
      Hochtour > Stimmhorn [11]
      Echo Yodel > Peter Hinnen [12]
      Locken mit Gläck > Sheep / Cyrill Schläpfer [1a]
      Dr Villgauer > Christian Werder [8]
      All I Really Want To Do [Dylan] > Erika Stucky [6]
      Machid nu a chli an Urchiga >Landlertrio Echo vom Schliera [2]
      Motor 2 > Traktor Vevey [2]

      [1] "'s Rätschtal Glüüt" on CSR <www.csr-records.ch>. Field
      recordings of an extraordinary kind. Goats, sheep, cows in meadows,
      with breezes, birds, lake sounds, hunter's in the background, thunder
      but most of all the intoxicating sound of grazing herds in bucolic
      meadows with the tinkle of 'cow' bells, each animal with a unique
      bell giving a unique signal to the herder/farmer. Thanx Cyrill for
      taking the time to do this over the years.
      [1a] "'s Schaf Glüüt" on CSR <www.csr-records.ch>.
      [2] "Traktor III: 22 Tänz wo Ziend" on CSR <www.csr-records.ch>. Like
      progressive polka, this stuff rocks deep and hard, these small
      [mostly] ensembles feature fast intuitive playing on that distinctive
      small Swiss accordion.
      [3] "Pflanzplätz+" on Pflanzplätz <www. Pflanzplaetz.ch>.
      [4] "Inland" on Recrec <www.recrec.ch>. Inspired forays into a fourth
      world of yodeling.
      [5] "Anneli: Plus Techno Remix" on CSR <www.csr-records.ch>. The
      great Christine Lauterburg, who combines a deep sense of roots and an
      artistic sense of flaunting those roots in the name of audio
      exploration.
      [6] "Suicidal Yodels" on Traumton. See Google or my website for
      complete liner notes of this disc, 1 of my top 5 this year.
      [7] "Starkä Tubak" on CSR <www.csr-records.ch>. Country music from Switzerland.
      [8] "Ur-Musig" on CSR <www.csr-records.ch>. Soul-searching among the
      Alps and its rugged yodelers. Soundtrack to a very atmospheric/poetic
      documentary
      [9] "Obio!"on Narrenschiff <www.narrenschiff-label.ch>.
      [10] The great giant of logorrheic and profound punnery takes on
      Peeni Waali and Switzerland.
      [11] "Schnee" on Röhr.
      [12] 1960s Swiss pop star. Had first yodel hits on Swiss Top 40. Is
      known as the world's fastest yodeler.

      * This big total is the TOTAL number of ca. Shows I have done since
      the beginning of time or 20 years ago at WFMU [NY], Radio Libertaire
      [Paris], and Radio 100 & Radio Patapoe [Amsterdam].

      I had just returned from Luzern, Switzerland where I spent a week
      with family at the sister of an old friend of mine. The stay was
      great. The contrast between flat and below sea level to high and
      dramatic mountains is great. The weather was mixed and so that meant
      some sun, some rain, some clouds and that meant some museums, some
      wandering, some mountain climbing and I must admit that I would have
      liked to have gone onward beyond the point that we got on Rigi
      Mountain. An amazingly bucolic and reasonable [not extreme sport]
      climb through meadows and woodsŠ we did manage 2.5 hrs of hiking, not
      bad for traveling with a 72-year-old mother-in-law and a 7-year-old
      daughter - they're troopers.

      The cheese, the mountains, the church bells, the accordions, the
      chocolate, we experienced all of that but also some yodeling. The
      first encounter came courtesy of Cyrill Schlaepfer, a lifetime
      resident of this region and knowledgeable to the point of obsession.
      He has done a great service for the region, for yodelers and fans as
      well as for lovers of ambiences because Cyril, after a stint as a
      rock drummer, became one of Switzerland's most intrepid recorders of
      a regions sounds. He has produced rock albums, moved into
      pop/renovating yodels, produced the poetic-documentary film Ur Musig,
      then compiled various collections of yodels and also began recording
      and producing entire CDs of just meadow ambiences, of cows with cow
      bells grazing, documenting the cow bells, their sizes, shapes,
      meanings, uses, then moving into the recording of grazing sheep and
      goats all with bells to create an incredible series of sonic
      portraits. His new project is immense and awesome - a 3 CD 3 DVD box
      set of recordings over a 10-year period of the historical steamboats
      that traverse Lake Luzern, carrying tourists and travelers and hikers
      to their destinations. He has not merely tried to record the sounds
      but - and here he somehow reminds me of Werner Herzog - to make sense
      of them, to organize them in a way that we can gain a deeper higher
      meaning from the sounds and how these sounds can explain utility or
      how man relates to his surroundings. Anyway, his obsession led to
      deeper readings of purpose and sound.

      Recent reports on Switzerland show that many natives are upset with
      the newest immigrants from North Africa, Turkey, Eastern Europe, to
      the point that they are contemplating passing some of the strictest
      immigration laws in Europe, verging, some in Switzerland claim, on
      racism.

      The Swiss also have a problem with guns. Gun ownership rivals that of
      no country in Europe and is similar to the US, their expression of
      their right to own a gun is similar to American NRA mania. And
      Switzerland has one of the highest gun to suicide rates [already
      higher than most Western countries]. This plus the melancholy nature
      of the Swiss roots yodel, more one of prayer than kick out the jams,
      has led to the prduction of the beautiful CD "Suicidal Yodels" by
      Erika Stucky.

      OTHER PATAPOE SHOWS:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop is one of the most eccentric and stimulating radio
      shows anywhere. Sartre, DeSade, Doo Wop and music from the gonads.
      Now on Radio Patapoe on Sunday 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o Solus: Minimal electro techno acid french hiphop / Thursdays 22.00
      o Super Nova is a big potpourri of sounds influences and information
      both local and elsewhere. Can you picture a sound? On Sundays
      18.00-20.00.

      o Wildcat Radio: Anarchist organization presents radio as it should
      be - in your ear. Saturdays 18.00-20.00.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen /kid /children /rugrats and other
      visionaries. Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o POLYPHAKE PLAPPERLAPAPP: "polyphone audioerosion featuring
      occasional beatweirdniks in an plaperlappap assemblage hosted by
      F.Fiasko 22:30-?? Wednesdays

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      o Check out the new website <http://www.bartplantenga.com>