Soundwalk :Take me to the river! Liverpool UK September 29th

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2007
      The Listening Room
      Soundwalk :Take me to the river!
      Soundwalk: Take me to the river
      Saturday 29th September 2007, 11.00 - 12.30 am
      Otterpool Park Gates
      Aigburth Road / Jericho lane
      Liverpool L17 5AN
      £1.00

      Liverpool, England

      A soundwalk is a practice: it is walking without talking, focussing on the sound around, focussing on being there rather than talking about it. The walk usually consists of 3 x 20 minutes sessions with light intermissions to share thoughts and reflections and then move on.

      Take me to the river: Slow soundwalk
      “When was the last time you went somewhere just to hear the sounds there? Whether experienced as private meditation or as collective silence SOUNDWALKS refresh your ears and reset your sensual awareness to where you are, live or work.........

      This is a special slow walk, Phil Morton leader of this Soundwalk:TAKE ME TO THE RIVER: takes you on a path that lasts 10 minutes at a brisk pace, but today will take an hour. This path down through Otterspool Park Path to the river will take you through a range of sonic delights; of the wood as we leave the road behind, the bridge and finally we open up and out into the great blue horizon of the Mersey Estuary and Welsh mountains.

      This is a rare chance to slow down in the urban rush. For musicians it is a chance to open your ears to a bigger palette of sounds. It is an exercise in ear-cleaning, it is good fun too!

      All welcome: avoid noisy bags and clothing, bring a friend and you won’t have to explain the journey to them later! Surprise yourself”

      Links:
      Listening Room http://www.lr.frakture.org
      http://www.frakture.org/Venues/otterspool.htm

      Streetmap : The postcode location is L17 5AN. This map is OK but slightly wrong, the arrow points to a disused Otterspool Road: we meet at the junction of Jericho lane and Aigburth Road, which you can also see on the map.

      Contact details:
      Phil Morton : 0151 709 6123, mob 079995 185 82

      The PRS Foundation for new music
      support received from Community Foundation for Merseyside