Wrecking No Summer & Sad News

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2007

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 382 [979*]: Wreck Non-Summer & Sad News
      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      23 Juli 2007 // 17.00-19.00

      "We wear the bones we're sure to die with / We hope they remember pleasure"
      o Lydia Tomkiw, Downpour

      Inte Quanta > Fanfare Pourpour Lars Hollmer [1]
      Dozing Drunkards > Willem Breuker Kollektief [2]
      Cirkus > Fanfare Pourpour Lars Hollmer [1]
      Little Water Song > Ute Lemper [3]
      Cirkus2 > Fanfare Pourpour Lars Hollmer [1]
      't Is Weer Voorbij die Mooie Zomer > Gerard Cox [4]
      Home Is Where the Hatred Is > Esther Phillips [5]
      Last of the Summer Wine Johnny Stafford [6]
      Harlem Clavinette > J.J. Johnson [5]
      Doriella du Fontaine > Lightnin' Rod & Jimi Hendrix [7]
      Mean Machine > Grandmaster D.ST & Jalal [7]
      Midsummer New York > Yoko Ono [8]
      Rain, Rain, Beautiful Rain > Ladysmith Black Mambazo [9]
      Het Bananenlied / Banana Boat Song > André van Duin [10]
      You Caught Me Smilin' > Sly & the Family Stone [12]
      Slang Thang > Frankie Smith [13]
      Voila l'Ete > Les Negresses Vertes [14]
      Magnificent Seven > The Clash [15]
      In the Summertime > Mungo Jerry [16]
      Sous le Soleil de Bodega > Les Negresses Vertes [14]
      Summer in Paris > DJ Cam [17]
      The Escapades of Futura 2000 > Clash & Futura 2000 [7]
      S'Liechti > Christine Lauterburg [18]
      The Rain > Missy Elliott vs Supa Dupa [19]
      L'Ete Indien > Joe Dassin [20]
      Summertag > Christine Lauterburg [18]
      The Rain > David Thomas & the Pedestrians [21]
      Over Het Weer > Nachtzuster [22]
      Hissing of Summer Lawns > Joni Mitchell [23]
      Natural High > Bloodstone [7]
      My Love Is a Flower > Jonathan Richman [24]
      Thunda & Lightning > Scud vs ERS One [25]
      Déjà vu > Lena [26]
      Shoplifting Gabba > Shitmat vs ERS One [25]

      * This big total is the TOTAL number of ca. Shows I have done since
      the beginning of time or 20 years ago at WFMU [NY], Radio Libertaire
      [Paris], and Radio 100 & Radio Patapoe [Amsterdam].

      [1] "Karusell Musik" on Krax/Dame <www.actuellecd.com>.
      [2] "Ruta Maya Café, Austin, Texas" on BVHaast <www.bvhaast.nl>.
      [3] "Zwoele Zomertracks" on Blvd <www.universalmusic.nl>.
      [4] Single on CBS.
      [5] "Superbad" on Warner Dance.
      [6] "20 Harmonica Greats" on MFP vinyl.
      [7] "The Celluloid Years: 12"es and More" on Collision
      [8] "Fly" on Apple vinyl.
      [9] "Shaka Zulu" on Warner, 1987.
      [10] "De Grootste Successen" on Parade vinyl. Parody of "Day-O."
      [11] "Everyone Plays Darts" on Magnet Records.
      [12] "There's a Riot Goin' On" on Epic.
      [13] Single on WMOT vinyl. From his LP "Children of Tomorrow" which
      inc. his amazingly weird and interesting "Double Dutch Bus".
      [14] "Le Grand Déballage" on Virgin France <www.negressesvertes.com>.
      [15] "Sandinista!" on Sony/Columbia.
      [16] Single on Janus vinyl.
      [17] "In Bloom II" on Aureau Export.
      [18] "Alles Bleibt Anders" on Dewil Music.
      [19] I dunnoŠ
      [20] "Vive la France" on Circle vinyl.
      [21] "Variations on a Theme" on Sixth International vinyl, 1983.
      [22] "Oud Zeer" on Nachtzuster.
      [23] "Hissing of Summer Lawns" on Asylum vinyl 1975.
      [24] "Back in Your Life" on Berserkley vinyl, 1979.
      [25] "Rude, Rugged & Rough" on Raggabot.
      [26] "The Uncertain Trail" on Sounds Around.

      o There has been no summer. Extreme schizoid weather. Makes for
      general unease, planning your day. Clothing, where to go, what to do.
      Lots of rain, wind, changeableness. And the cars keep on driving by
      my window. Anyway, I am going for bike rides about 3 times per week
      because I am spending too much time behind the screen. And in these
      rides I go whichever way I go. N. always asks, 'where are you going?'
      I always respond: 'I don't know.' The bike is ouja board piece and I
      just go. And in these turbulent windy conditions that seem to toy
      with plans, expectations and sunny weather - you expect that when you
      have a strong head wind going south, you will be spared when you head
      west and rewarded with a tail wind when you go in your circle headed
      north and east and eventually home. Anyway, what I've noticed lately
      is that whichever direction I head I am always going against the
      wind. It has an existential [Sisyphus] element and it makes you
      wonder about the psychic nature of things like wind.

      o I am not terribly in the mood for writing up this playlist because
      earlier this first week in September I received the tragic news that
      dear friend Lydia Tomkiw died in her home in Arizona. Lydia was
      one-half of the indie power poetry duo Algebra Suicide, think of it
      as Lydia Lunch with a smile, Patti smith and Lenny Kaye from the
      Midwest. Their big indie hit was "True Romance at the World's Fair"
      and all of their vinyl and CDs include the lucid, provocative and
      beautiful poetry of Lydia. I will devote next week's program [10
      Sept] to her memory. I reviewed her last CD in ABR and also wrote a
      lengthy profile of her for Fringecore which was later reprinted by
      Trouser Press. Check out my new website

      www.bartplantenga.com
      click radio / other sound writings

      o BIGMAG#2: HEXAGON, is out now! Includes audio by Felix Kubin and
      Idea Fire Company/IFCO and writing by Scott Foust (us), Avi Pitchon
      (il), Wilfried Hou Je Bek (nl) Ivo van Leeuwen (nl), ROHSTOFF (at),
      Fucking Good Art (nl), Onomatopee (nl), RICHE EN PULPE (nl), and much
      more!! Also includes posters by Stephan Bloth (G) Onomatopee (nl),
      RICHE EN PULPE (nl). Check out www.stdsps.nl/
      or www.big-mag.nl

      * Upcoming recommended music in Amsterdam:
      - Sept. 6 The Night of the Unexpected as part Gaudeamus at Paradiso
      [i went last night with artist friend Ben. Heard Le corbusier &
      Varese "Le Poeme Electronique" as reconstructed from the Philips
      Pavilion built by Corbusier and Rietveld for the Brussels Worlds Fair
      in 1958, a Ligeti piece, Michiyo Yagi playing koto, Jazkamer doing a
      Norwegian interpretation of Reed's Metal Machine Music, as well as
      one of my faves Pole altho here with a very able band sounded a bit
      ... rocky!
      - Sept. 8 Von Magnet + Negative Stencil Sugar Factory Amsterdam
      www.sugarfactory.nl [amazing fusion of techno, dance, flamenco...]
      - Sept. 9 Pitch Black & Jasper [Crazy Baldhead], Winston
      www.myspace.com/pitchblacknz // ambient dub from down under [good as
      well]
      - Sept. 12 Joanna Newsom, Paradiso
      - Sept. 20 The Ex and Getatchew Mekuria, Paradiso
      - Sept. 23 Willem Breuker Kollektief, Bimhuis
      - Sept. 27 Jonathan Richman, Melkweg
      - Oct. 11 Bad Brains, Paradiso
      - Oct. 12 Theo Loevendie & Ziggurat, Muziekgebouw [I think he will be
      premiering his yodel composition to be performed by Kristina Fuchs]
      - Oct. 17 Ani diFranco, Melkweg
      - Oct. 18 Nouvelle Vague Melkweg
      - Oct. 26 Sonny Rollins Concertgebouw

      OTHER PATAPOE SHOWS:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop is one of the most eccentric and stimulating radio
      shows anywhere. Sartre, DeSade, Doo Wop and music from the gonads.
      Now on Radio Patapoe on Sunday 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o Solus: Minimal electro techno acid french hiphop / Thursdays 22.00
      o Super Nova is a big potpourri of sounds influences and information
      both local and elsewhere. Can you picture a sound? On Sundays
      18.00-20.00.

      o Wildcat Radio: Anarchist organization presents radio as it should
      be - in your ear. Saturdays 18.00-20.00.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen /kid /children /rugrats and other
      visionaries. Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o POLYPHAKE PLAPPERLAPAPP: "polyphone audioerosion featuring
      occasional beatweirdniks in an plaperlappap assemblage hosted by
      F.Fiasko 22:30-?? Wednesdays

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      o Check out NEW excerpts from my erotic-dérive novel: Paris Sex Tete
      on Parisiana <http://www.parisiana.com/>