Chalk4Peace2007 SEPT 15 -23 - The Global Street Art Event

  • viziondanz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2007
      Chalk4Peace2007 SEPT 15 -23 - The Global Street Art Event

      "OUR STREETS 'R OUR MEDIA -WE have TOTAL access"

      Please copy this & forward this to your contacts
      United Kingdom.. United States.. Egypt.. Austria.. Germany.. Canada..
      Ecuador.. Puerto Rico.. France.. Chile.. Iran.. Iraq.. Mexico..
      Spain.. Italy.. Cypress.. Israel.. Your Town.. -EVERYWHERE!

      http://www.infinitepossibility.org
      http://www.myspace.com/chalk4peace
      Mission Possible - "Our World Working For ALL of Us"

      We CAN Make THE Difference!

      THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 15th to 23rd Chalk4Peace!

      You are invited to Take Action! - ("Scroll down for WHAT CAN YOU DO?")
      To Participate in this GLOBAL outpouring of public art. Where we
      makeour personal statements for peace on the pavements and sidewalks
      of our cities all over our world.

      Chalk4Peace IS HAPPENING!

      All around the globe, together we are decorating, dedicating and
      declaring, in deep sincerity our collective call for peace.

      Chalk4Peace is about our empowerment. We The People, our global
      culture, all people everywhere and our common desire to live in peace.

      The Chalk4Peace project has already transformed the experience of
      thousands of people attending demonstrations for peace all over the
      world during the past 4 years. Chalk4Peace is both a tool and a
      conduit for non violent public self expression,
      and participation in the growing global movement for peace.

      Chalk4Peace is an opportunity for all of us of all ages to make our
      feelings known, especially the young, whose future is in dire
      jeopardy as our global village falls faster and faster into the fear
      breeding fear breeding fear spiral.

      Our global culture is teetering on the edge of extinction.

      No 1 person alone can turn this around, but together WE CAN!

      "The Structure of world peace cannot be the work of one man, one
      party,or one nation. It must be a peace which rests on the
      cooperative effort of the whole world"
      ... Eleanor Roosevelt

      Our basic human instincts drive us to seek safety. This is what this
      chaos is all about.Our essential human survival instincts are acting
      out of context with the wider global cultural need resulting in
      mistrust, fear and conflict.

      Everywhere the media bombards us with WAR TALK, distractions and
      negative belief patterns that encourage us to believe that the future
      of our world is out of our hands entirely.

      One place we still have communal access to, is OUR STREETS.

      We can balance our GLOBAL CONVERSATION with collective self-
      expression using OUR STREETS AS OUR MEDIA!

      Chalk4Peace is one step, a catalyst that can transform our global
      conversation as "we the people", en masse make our statement that is
      our common aspiration for PEACE.

      START NOW! Just DO IT!

      Carry some chalk with you, invite a friend with you, to chalk
      inspirations on the pavement whenever and wherever you fancy.

      Chalk is harmless, cheap and washes away within a few days.

      Especially PARTICIPATE in the Sept 15th to 23rd
      GLOBAL Chalk4Peace ACTION!

      Make it happen in your Community!

      (Scroll down for "WHAT CAN YOU DO?")

      Lets us turn our grey streets into a living river of colour and
      possibility - With poetry, hearts, peace symbols, empowering
      statements, also expressions of our frustrations and despair.

      All will be seen for several days by thousands of people, then as
      they are washed away by the elements WE CAN CONTINUE to find fresh
      places to Chalk4Peace.

      We don't need to be an artist to Chalk4Peace. Every statement,
      however small or large becomes part of the amazing tapestry that is
      our global future.

      This unique event conceivably, could be the largest of its kind in
      modern history. It is a global effort that is happening.

      We The People are spreading the word and making the effort to be a
      part of this huge creative endeavour to bring Peace back into the
      equation.

      It is our goal for at least one million or more of us to participate
      with this sidewalk/pavement chalk extravaganza, at thousands of
      locations, in as many countries, cities and towns around the world as
      is possible.

      So WHAT CAN YOU DO to help make this happen?

      1. NETWORK/POST this email to your friends, contacts and where ever
      else seems appropriate

      2. JOIN the Yahoo group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chalk4Peace

      or send a blank email to:
      Chalk4Peace-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      To network with others around the world who will be Chalking4Peace.

      3. EMAIL:
      viziondanz@...
      to let us know what you are doing in your community, and please send
      us pictures. Or to find out how you can participate in the project.

      4. ARRANGE with you local businesses, libraries, churches, mosques,
      synagogues, restaurants, supermarkets etc to chalk on the pavement
      outside their premises on the 15th - 23rd of September and whenever
      else.

      IDENTIFY public squares such as Trafalgar Square in London and invite
      all your friends and your friends' friends to show up with a few
      boxes of chalk, or even get some from your local quarry.

      TAKE extra chalk with you to hand out to passers-by.

      5. USE this Email as a press release for you local TV, Radio and
      Newspapers. Let them know that Chalk4Peace is happening ASAP to get
      the momentum going.

      6. DOCUMENT YOUR Chalk4peace actions with photos and video. Send them
      to your local media - copies for our website will be greatly
      appreciated - send to:
      viziondanz@...

      7. ENGAGE co-creatively in local communal efforts, strengthen
      working relationships and find what it takes to stand for peace and
      freedom.

      8. Have lots of FUN and keep on Chalking4Peace after the September
      event.

      "FUN The Final Frontier"

      How did Chalk4Peace begin?
      "Message in a bottle"
      http://www.infinitepossibility.org/chalk/message/
      http://www.infinitepossibility.org/chalk
      http://www.myspace.com/chalk4peace

      for Chalk4Peace locations in America
      http://www.chalk4peace.org

      Its time for us to move beyond the "No to War" position and come
      together
      "Saying Yes2Peace"

      "If we don't create our future, our past will create it for us"

      http://www.infinitepossibility.org/yes1
      Lets skip the war bit and just get to the peace

      Greet someone new today,
      look into their eyes, smile, say hello,
      shake their hand ...
      LET THE PEACE BEGIN!

      Brian :)
      http://www.myspace.com/viziondanz
      http://www.myspace.com/chalk4peace
      http://www.infinitepossibility.org

      "There is nothing wrong with our world,
      we are just having a weird conversation".

      "Reclaim the conversation"

      "Our New World Order IS Love!"

      Dedicated to the child inside each one of us,
      All the children and
      All the children to come.