Paypal have obstructed the money to Nate Young.

  • stratoskye
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2007
      Paypal have obstructed the money to Nate Young.

      Something along these lines will do.

      Sir / Madam

      I recently made a donation of good will to Mr. Nathan Young for the
      assisting of his brother Mr.Peter Young who was in a terrible accident
      and lies unconscious in hospital. It is with great concern that I
      hear your office is not allowing him and his family access to this
      money. The statement from Mr.Young I received, including the sentence
      "I am asking for donations to help my family with some of the medical
      bills and the rebuilding of his apartment." means exactly that. I was
      not misled! Such mindless beauracracy on your part indeed obstructs
      this compassionate attempt by the family and the many well-wishers and
      supporters of his cause.

      For pity's sake and in the name of common sense and human decency, I
      ask you, on behalf of the Young family, to urgently reconsider your
      position, drop your suspicions and cautions and look carefully again
      at this case.

      If you do not immediately change your stance toward this case I shall
      have no choice but to request a refund, lodge an official complaint
      and then find a way to make my donation that actually reaches the
      recipient.

      --------------------------------------

      Subject:
      THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
      From:
      "Peter Young" <peter.b.young@...>
      Date:
      Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:58:02 -0500
      To:
      peter.b.young@...

      Hello everyone,

      Thank you so much from the bottom of my (black) heart. I cannot
      express to you all how much your thoughtful donations mean to my
      family and myself. My brother is an artist and a recluse. Pete had
      very few friends until now. He spent his time with my father building
      barns and at home painting with his dog Little John (who perished in
      the fire). I am hoping that when he recovers enough to view these
      emails he will realize that he was never alone in this battle. I want
      each and everyone of you to meet him someday. As of now we are looking
      at a year long hospital stay minimum. Pete's movement will be limited
      even after he is released from the hospital as his skin grafts will
      still be fragile. I don't know if he will be building barns anytime in
      the next 2-3 years. All of his recent paintings were destroyed in the
      fire. I am hoping with encouragement from all of you he will take
      steps to becoming a full time artist. Good things will come from this
      disaster.

      On a side note-

      Paypal has put a hold on this relief account. Donations can still come
      in but they can't be touched. They said they want a trust-fund or a
      bank account set up in his name. They want proof that donations will
      be used on Pete and this was not a internet scam. I completely
      understand this concern from them. I went to my bank today and
      attempted to set up a trust or joint account in his name but I can't
      do this without his signature. Pete will not be able to sign anything
      for the next couple months so basically this can't happen anytime soon.

      I am disputing Paypal's distrust in this benefit. Paypal needs to
      understand that I am going to use this money to help my family. They
      seem to think it all needs to be in Pete's name because in their view
      the money is going directly to him. I never stated that donations are
      going directly to Pete, I said "I a m asking for donations to help my
      family with some of the medical bills and the rebuilding of his
      apartment." This is a key sentence. I believe that Paypal has no
      right to freeze my account because I never stated any fraudulent
      information (they even have my own bank info and social security #).
      My family and I are the ones who will be paying the hospital bills and
      rebuilding his life in the months to come.

      If after reading this you would like to send a complaint to PayPal
      this is the case # PP-258-506-821 and here is a email address
      appeals@.... Please let them know you understand that "I a m
      asking for donations to help my family with some of the medical bills
      and the rebuilding of his apartment." Give PayPal an earful, they
      actually hung up on me today.

      Thanks again,
      Nate