Wrecking Dead O'Day & Pasolini

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2007

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 353 [950*]: Pasolini is Long
      Dead, Anita O'Day More Recently

      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      "I'm either very busy or getting so slow it SEEMS like I'm too busy."
      o Jack Collom, poet-birdwatcher-yodeler-teacher

      Pause for Supper > Erik Friedlander & Teaho Teardo [1]
      Lover > Anita O'Day [2]
      Wakimizu > Yoshida Brothers [3]
      Larousse Baron Pic > Lizzy Mercier Descloux [4]
      $moke and Du$t Dub Version > Yohimbe Brothers [5]
      La Danse du Plaisir > Ghislain Poirier [6]
      Johnny One Note > Anita O'Day [2]
      Oid el Crac > Emisor [7]
      Suction > the Radio Stars [8]
      Vasulka Vauban's 'A Day in the Good Life > Janek Schaefer [6]
      Acide > Martin Tetreault / Bernard Falaise [9]
      Trav'lin' Light > Anita O'Day [2]
      Un Champs l'Été > Guido del Fabbro [10]
      You're a Clown > Anita O'Day [2]
      Essaim > Guido del Fabbro [10]
      Ciant da li Ciampanis > Erik Friedlander & Teaho Teardo [1]
      Migration > Guido del Fabbro [10]
      Sticky White Glue > Ergo Phizmiz [8]
      Herpes Simplex > Lizzy Mercier Descloux [4]
      La Radio ça Détend > Elsa Justel [8]
      Hearing Voices > John Wynne [8]
      Silence of Mute / Interlude > Rothkamm [11]
      Outdoor heritage of New Jersey > Rothkamm [11]
      Attempt 'Anthem' > Christopher DeLaurenti [8]
      Bordando > Emisor [6]
      Pause for Supper > Erik Friedlander & Teaho Teardo [1]
      Upstate > Anita O'Day [2]
      Scoot > Fonica [6]
      The Ballad of the Sad Young Men > Anita O'Day [2]
      P.Pa > FM3 [6]
      Trionfo della Notta > Erik Friedlander & Teaho Teardo & Lawrence
      Ferlinghetti [1]
      3 > Kaze
      Rosa Vertov > Lizzy Mercier Descloux [4]
      Ayumi > Yoshide Brothers [3]

      * [includes WTM & pre-WTM playlists from WFMU, Radio Libertaire,
      Radio Patapoe and Radio 100]

      [1] "Giorni Rubati" on Bip-Hop <www.bip-hop.com>. Music inspired by
      P.P. Pasolini, one of the most impassioned and conflicted of artists,
      homo, aesthete and communist persona non grataŠ Based on a
      trans-Atlantic collaboration between Italian electronix-punk composer
      Teho Teardo & NY classical cellist Erik Friedlander. Red wine and a
      collection Pasolini poems led to EF's cello response to some of the
      poems, which TT recomposed. Finishing off with an unlisted track 14,
      a brilliant cover version of that greatest of great minimal trax
      "Warm Leatherette" with allusion to Ballard's 'Crash'.

      [2] "The Big Band Sessions" on Verve vinyl, 1979. She was either 84
      or 87 [depending on sources] when she died awhile back. She has
      always done it for me emblemizing a kind of post-war liberating
      lifestyle feel. Not light-hearted but willing to explore the limits
      of liberty. And that she did in her jazz vocals.

      [3] The Yoshida Brothers are two Japanese musician brothers who
      perform traditional Japanese Tsugaru-jamisen music from northern
      Japan. They are modern sounding, almost no wavey and have attracted
      an international world music audience. The speed percussive
      Tsugaru-jamisen style is aided by Western and local musical
      influences. On a personal collection from Black Sifichi.

      [4] "Rosa Yemen" on Ze vinyl, 1979. Still incredibly vital and
      interesting Franco-no-wave-funk with a decided bent for a topped
      Patti Smith poesie plus attitude, groove and dada poetry. One of the
      coolest chicks ever to take the stageŠ Also one of the most elusive
      and hermetic.

      [5] The Yohimbe Brothers can Thirsty Ear Recordings. The YB are a
      necessary and organic blend of eclectic variegated influences
      including Vernon Reid's black-style rock, turntablism, obscurantism,
      po-mo trans-continental referentiality, rap, metal, scratch,
      progressive jazz to create a bastard genre most famously championed
      by Ninja Tune. Yohimbe in Africa is an herbal aphrodisiac. Duo
      consists of Reid (Living Colour) and turntablist DJ Logic, both from
      the 1980s musico-political movement, the black Rock Coalition, that
      addressed issues such as racism in rock. On a personal collection
      from Black Sifichi.

      [6] "Bip-Hop Generation vol. 7" on Bip-Hop <www.bip-hop.com>.
      Excellent label adventurous and exploratory music[s] that turns
      inward and inward and inward until the guts of one's DNA begin to
      shine like the spiral of the Milky Way. Exceptional series of
      electronic post-glitch works. In Wreck Top 30± for 2004.

      [7] "/Dig/Feed/Shit" on Worm <www.wormweb.nl>. Eclectic compilation
      of post-music. In BestBestBest of 2006

      [8] "My RadioŠ" on LMC / Resonance FM. <www.l-m-c.org.uk>. The London
      Music Collective razes the walls of the concert hall, sticks a mic
      down an open manhole, takes ignored audio and reframes it as at the
      very least worthy sonic nostalgia, often as worthy clay to rework and
      re-establish certain realities, and at the very best as art made
      through humans by the synchronous interface of electronic and natural
      worlds.

      [9] "Des Gestes Defaits" on & Records. On the edge of listenability
      lies an arsenal of sonic weaponry that is aimed at changing the
      reigning architecture of sound.

      [10] "Carré de Sable" on Ambiences Magnetiques <www.actuellecd.com> A
      schizoidal and very satisfying copllection of works that waver
      between ponderous-speculative and curious-fun.

      [11] "FB02: Astronaut of Inner Space" on Flux <www.fluxrecords.com>.
      Feeling a little like I'm in a Lost in Space Back to the Retro Future
      of Brazil outtake here. the music is warm, enveloping and strangely
      pinioned between astro-lounge and the utterances of a space capsule
      off its flight path - lost in space. At once alienating and somehow
      comforting. It claims to be in Triphony, a synaesthetic experience
      where sound becomes sightŠ Would it serve as the soundtrack to the
      Yuri Gurgerin story?

      o There is a dual tendency that I have noticed among friends who
      continue to actively listen and interact with music. There is an
      entire group who has stopped listening to music actively and now
      treat music as familiar wallpaper and so they give up on new music
      AND old music, listening to the music they grew up with be it rock or
      punk or something else. They feel comfortable with it and thus like
      picking slip covers for a couch they pick their music to protect and
      enhance their familiar surroundings.

      Meanwhile, among the audio activists I sense two major trends: [1]
      those who listen voraciously and ambitiously to the new, discarding
      quickly things that sound old. There IS so much new music as there is
      SO MUCH more music than 30 years ago. Habits were bound to change.
      The times where a Hendrix or CSNY album could spend 50 weeks in the
      Top 10 and also get airplay are [un]luckily long gone. A prime
      example of this type of listener is friend and audio-naut Laurent at
      WTM-Paris. [2] The second type is those who have given up on new
      music and who have gone into the unexplored regions of the past and
      there are satsified with rarities that can still pleasantly surprise
      and satisfy their need for undiscovered obscurity. This is our drug,
      our lucre, our magic. One such audio-naut is Dr.Dr. Jazz. [3] There
      are of course the others who transgress history, musicology, trends,
      ages, era, styles, prejudices and listen to almost anything and from
      there cull a kind of cohesion.

      o Loads of retro and nostalgic thoughts washing across my memory
      banks. This is due to recent feelings of mortality and our relative
      place in the scheme of things. What certain pursuits and expenditures
      of energy mean. This was precipitated by recent news of deaths,
      sickness, suffering, infirmity, disease, operations among people we
      know. This produced a lot of thoughts about father, and how best to
      remember him or portray him if I were to ever [have the time] to
      write something like a profile sketch of who he was[n't]. Recently
      for reasons not altogether clear I suddenly decided to use some
      vinegar after shampooing to bring back some shine to my hair. Upon
      carrying the small cup of vinegar to the shower I had a flood of
      thoughts about my father as he used to use vinegar as a folk-like
      remedy to bring back the shine that industrial shampoos had
      obliterated in his hair.

      o "Terrence McKenna describes the mind as 'a galaxy-sized object that
      everybody carries around inside one's head.' To me it is an open
      question if the mind can be located insude the head. McKenna never
      said it but I tend to think that the mind is not a galaxy-sized
      object but a universe-sized object. And maybe the mind and the
      universe are in ultimate reality one and the same thing. We have
      learned that our mind is private and that it is separate from other
      minds. One of the main messages of all true esoteric and religious
      teachings is that this is not really so. It on ly seems if you have
      not yet explored the deeper regions of your mind. These deeper
      regions of the mind are inter-connected, or in other words: there is
      only one mind. In most traditions it is called soul; our mind is made
      up of the very same stuff as the soul, it IS the soul. A nice
      metaphor is to see the mind as your website and the soul as the
      internet. And the brain is the computer, of course." - from Showcase
      369, frits jonker [master compiler, muser, amuser, collector] po box
      75459, 1070 AL Amsterdam, <f.jonker@...>.

      * Announcement: Performance by NORSCQ
      8 February [20.00 - 4.00, yes 8 hrs of performances]

      OPA
      9 Rue Biscornet, Paris 75011
      20h-04h - FREE

      Soirée 5 streams - 5 variations OF THE album

      Featured only 3 weeks ago on WTM, NEW CD from Optical-Sound, Norscq
      (musicien - Super Stoned, The Atlas Project, The Grief et producteur
      - Colder, Von Magnet, 1 Kilo of Black BondageŠetc.)invites as wide an
      array of musicians as possible to participate in interpreting
      sections of the CD
      http://opa.paris.free.fr
      http://www.norscq.org
      http://www.optical-sound.com

      Plus

      Black Sifichi - The Horrible Nasty Bastard Son of Sound - Mix set
      Les Garcons - Live
      Super Stoned (Black Sifichi & Norscq)- Live
      http://www.myspace.com/areusup
      http://super.stoned.free.fr

      * Nachtzuster performances
      Sunday 11 February
      15.00
      FREE

      Cafe Camille
      Kerkstraat 37
      Beverwijk
      near Wijkertoren
      0251 211722
      <http://www.cafecamille.nl/>

      -------------------

      Saturday 17 February
      21.30
      Entree 8 euro

      De Melkweg
      (restaurant)
      Lijnbaansgracht 234a
      Amsterdam
      <http://www.melkweg.nl/>www.melkweg.nl

      Notes on other Patapoe audionauts & nuts:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop is one of the most eccentric and stimulating radio
      shows anywhere. Sartre, DeSade, Doo Wop and music from the gonads.
      Now on Radio Patapoe on Sunday 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o Solus: Minimal electro techno acid french hiphop / Thursdays 22.00
      o Super Nova is a big potpourri of sounds influences and information
      both local and elsewhere. Can you picture a sound? On Sundays
      18.00-20.00.

      o Wildcat Radio: Anarchist organization presents radio as it should
      be - in your ear. Saturdays 18.00-20.00.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen/kid/children/rugrats and other visionaries.
      Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o POLYPHAKE PLAPPERLAPAPP: "polyphone audioerosion featuring
      occasional beatweirdniks in an plaperlappap assemblage hosted by
      F.Fiasko 22:30-?? Wednesdays

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      o Check out NEW excerpts from my erotic-dérive novel: Paris Sex Tete
      on Parisiana <http://www.parisiana.com/>