Wrecking Words & Noise

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2006

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 345 [941*]: Words and Noise

      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      <http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/>

      "The music has brought tears to our eyes
      The artless music has cramped our chests,
      As it has swollen the grave and joyous circle out again
      Sing! Sing! Sing! Tenoras and clarinetsŠ

      And through the eyes of the shops and through the sea
      The tenora cut through the night and its dust
      Twangy, like bursts of glass
      The dance warbles nobly with merry foot trimmingsŠ"

      o Max Jacob

      Inner > John Young [1]
      Pome on Doctor Sax [Kerouac] > Anne Waldman [2]
      Virtual > John Young [1]
      Dekadance > Sensational vs Kouhei [3]
      The Final Meal of Stacey Lawton > Matthew Herbert [4]
      Soul Sausages > Boyko, Duncan, Martin [5]
      Illusion is a Natural Condition 11 > Dave Phillips & R.H.Y. Yau [6]
      I'm Paper > Sensational vs Kouhei [3]
      Nigella, George, Tony and Me > Matthew Herbert [4]
      The Accidental Killing of a Ghost in the Dark House > Philosophy
      Major vs Temple Lovecraft [7]
      Right Now > The Creatures [8]
      Bring Me Edelweiss [Tourist Version] > Edelweiss [8a]
      Illusion is a Natural Condition 23 > Dave Phillips & R.H.Y. Yau [6]
      T921 pt. 2 > Michael Gendreau [9]
      + Marriage [Gregory Croso] > Ian Dury [2]
      Radio Ethiopia > Patti Smith Group [10]
      Four Pages from an Unfinished Novel > K. Leimer [11]
      + A Mind is a Terrible Thing > Bill Gates [12]
      + Revolutionary Letter No. 1 Diane DiPrima [2]
      The Wind That Shakes the Barley > John McCutcheon [12]
      Clubhit > Osdorp Posse [13]
      Pink Flag > Wire [14]
      Seven Wonders > Septimania [15]
      The Other Side > V/VM [16]
      Cowboy Heaven > Bob Holman [17]
      Square Finger > Bruce Haack vs Miss Nelson [18]
      In My Own Quiet Way > R. Stevie Moore [19]
      Conversation with a Gun > Tex Ritter [20]
      Schnaps Bonus > Edelweiss [8a]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      * [includes WTM & pre-WTM playlists from WFMU, Radio Libertaire,
      Radio Patapoe and Radio 100]

      [1] "La Limit du Bruit" on Empreintes Digitales <www.electro.cd>.
      [2] "Beat Poets" Courtesy of Black Sifichi. Interesting throughout.
      Best or most fascinating are Ian Dury's interpretations of the Beats.
      Seems like a natural affinity somehow. Also with William Marsh, Diane
      Di Prima, Anne Waldman and some great stuff by Tuli Kupferberg.
      [3] "Sensational Meets Kouhei" on WordSound <www.wordsound.com>. One
      of the only truly out-there creative rap vocalists working today.
      [4] "Plat du Jour" on Accidental <www.magicandaccident.com>.
      [5] "Idiolalla" on Ambiances Magnetique <www.electro.cd>.
      [6] "Illusion is a Natural Condition" on Ground Fault
      <www.groundfaultrecordings.com>.
      [7] "Divination Systems" on WordSound <www.wordsound.com>.
      [8] "Right Now" on Polydor vinyl 1983.
      [8a] "Edelweiss: A Sound Attack Straight from the Alps" on GiG vinyl
      1988. Yodeling as the basis for danceable techno. Amazing. Edelweiss,
      Jägermeister, lederhosen and my epiglottisŠ
      [9] "Vitoj" on Ground Fault <www.groundfaultrecordings.com>.
      [10] "Radio Ethiopia" on Arista vinyl 1976. Obscure American noise as
      a pre-Sonic Youth corollary and sonic prosthesis to French symbolist
      poetry.
      [11] "A Mind is a Terrible Thing" on Ad/Council cassette 1992. Bill
      Gates detourned.
      [12] "The Wind That Shakes the Barley" June Appal vinyl, 1977.
      [13] "Low-Fi Highlites: Internet Audio vol. 2" on Soundtracking.
      [14] "Pink Flag" on Harvest/EMI 1977. Punk haiku.
      [15] "Welcome to Septimania" on Commodify This! Homer & Jethro do the
      Odyssey and IlliadŠ
      [16] "Sick Love" on V/Vm <www.brainwashed.com/vvm>. Scathing dumpster
      diving in the back parking lot of the fast food pop world.
      [17] "In With the Out Crowd" on Mouth Almighty. Ken Nordine on a
      whole new line of pep pills.
      [18] "The Best of Dimension 5" on Dimension 5. Insanity as strategy.
      [19] "Nevertheless Optimistic" on Innova <www.rsteviemoore.com>.
      [20] "Singin' in the Saddle" on Pegasus.

      o Bob Holman of The Bowery Poetry Club [near where CBGBs used to be
      located 308 Bowery, NYC 10012 o 212.614.0505] writes: Dear Friends of
      Bowery,These weekly eblasts contain a lot of the flavor, variety and
      depth of programming that is the hallmark of the Bowery Poetry Club--
      [WTM: Do I sense the beginning of the end. Did I pour my
      Bukowski-sized contribution into a bottomless hole of fighting 'the
      man'? I sense that the encroaching land barons have sniffed the
      perfume that lies under the garbage of the Bowery and are busy
      transforming it into a Disney mall simulacrum so that those with
      money can live surrounded by drive-by bums and dine where the
      homeless still believe they live but haven't for years. You can
      sense/see the changes. They are palpable. It is never pretty when NY
      decides to clean up a hood. It is never FOR the locals, the people
      and ALWAYS for those who do not yet live there but would like to and
      won't until NY is made-over in their own bland images.]

      This week, for example, Bernadette Mayer reads her amazing
      book-length poem, Midwinter Day, in front of her sister Rosemary's
      drawings of BeowulfŠ 4-time National Poetry Slam Champ Patricia Smith
      raises the roof with her stratospheric sound surfingŠ learn to be
      part of a Poets' Symphony with maestro Edwin Torres on the batonŠ
      celebrate new books by Samuel Menashe, Bob Holman, and Keith WaldropŠ
      attend a Bowery Kids' holiday showŠ join in our weekly Tuesday
      midnite jazz jamŠ

      Yes, this letter is a pitch, a sweet fastball (125 more words!)
      across the plate, ready for you to get a Homer - or a Whitman, Brooks
      or Ginsberg!

      If you click on the link below you'll hyperjump to the Paypal button
      at the Bowery Arts and Science website. BAS, a nonprofit, presents
      many of the programs at the Club, which helps us to stay afloat.

      Donate $50 and be Poe, $100 Whitman, $500 Brooks, $1000 Ginsberg,
      $5000 Homer. Special email offer! $25 Bukowski. Please be as generous
      as you can. If you'd prefer to mail a check, send to Bowery Arts +
      Science, 310 Bowery, NY NY 10012.

      Our Santa sez: Po! Po! Po! Help the BPC to live up to its motto:
      Serving The World Poetry/ Over 6 Billion Served! Peace and Love, and
      Thanks x 6,000,000,000,

      Bob Holman
      <http://rd.bcentral.com/?ID=4785253&s=7773465>www.boweryartsandscience
      .org/sponsor_us.htm>

      o Vegetarians Smarter: The British Medical Journal reports that if
      your 10-yr old has an above avg. IQ he is 40% more likley to be a
      vegetarian at age 30. For females the percentage is even higher.

      o Being a vegetarian I find it important to read reports like that
      because just a week ago I reported [and believed] the following:
      "Women talk three times as much as men. This can be looked at from 2
      [if not more] angles. Either women talk too much [21,000 words per
      day] or men don't talk enough [7,000 words]. Maybe words help us
      negotiate a world otherwise hostile and impregnable. 95% of all
      people in prison are men. Nuff said?"

      o Musician Phil Hargreaves <phil@...> whi music:
      <www.whi-music.co.uk >. "Actually, the author who wrote this (and was
      then widely reported throughout the world) has admitted that it was a
      made up statistic. men and women talk about the same these days."

      Great made up statistic because as soon as I told others they and I
      both came up with many examples of where it was true [not in my
      relationship however] and why etc. Thus reality was busy fitting into
      a fake statistic.

      o Flanders Recently [Did Not] Secede From Belgium Dec. 14, 2006:
      Belgians everywhere reacted with shock panicked surprised upset alarm
      - or something like that - to the "Orsonwellsian" news that Flanders
      was breaking away from Belgium. Belgian public television station
      French-language RTBF interrupted regular programming to announce that
      the Dutch-speaking part of the nation had unilaterally declared its
      independence. The station later claimed to have issued the report to
      stir up some dialogue. Images showed proud Flems waving their flag,
      annoyed Belgians, and traffic-jam celebrations as the nation
      contemplated its new border.

      The Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt denounced it as "very bad Orson
      Welles" Referring to Welles' famous 1938 "War of the Worlds" that
      fooled millions of Americans into believing the earth had been
      invaded by Martians. The BBC reported: "The station's website crashed
      briefly as alarmed viewers sought more information, and 2,600 calls
      were made to a telephone number given out during the spoof.

      "Our intention was to show Belgian viewers the intensity of the issue
      of the future of Belgium and the real possibility of Belgium no
      longer being a country in a few months," Yves Thiran, head of news at
      RTBF, told the BBC. He said it introduced people to the debate who
      would otherwise have ignored it, but he admitted some may have taken
      it the wrong way.

      "We obviously scared many people - maybe more than we expected," he
      said. Some politicians were in on the joke, contributing interviews
      to the programme with their reactions to the "news". But others were
      not amused. The minister for audiovisual affairs for the
      French-speaking community, Fadila Laanan, said the words "this is
      fiction" appeared on screen half an hour into the broadcast - at her
      insistence.

      "I find it questionable to use such a tactic, which frightened people
      unbelievably," she said, adding that a number of people had called
      her in panic when the "news" broke.

      The AFP news agency reported that even some foreign ambassadors in
      Brussels were taken in, and sent urgent messages back to their
      respective capitals.

      Notes on other Patapoe audionauts & nuts:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop is one of the most eccentric and stimulating radio
      shows anywhere. Sartre, DeSade, Doo Wop and music from the gonads.
      Now on Radio Patapoe on Sunday 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o Solus: Minimal electro techno acid french hiphop / Thursdays 22.00
      o Super Nova is a big potpourri of sounds influences and information
      both local and elsewhere. Can you picture a sound? On Sundays
      18.00-20.00.

      o Wildcat Radio: Anarchist organization presents radio as it should
      be - in your ear. Saturdays 18.00-20.00.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen/kid/children/rugrats and other visionaries.
      Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o POLYPHAKE PLAPPERLAPAPP: "polyphone audioerosion featuring
      occasional beatweirdniks in an plaperlappap assemblage hosted by
      F.Fiasko 22:30-?? Wednesdays

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      ~~~~

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      <http://www.wtm-paris.com>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      WTM PLAYLISTS
      o 2500± READERS-EYEBALL "LISTENERS" per WEEK
      o Check out NEW excerpts from my erotic-dérive novel: Paris Sex Tete
      on Parisiana <http://www.parisiana.com/>