Wreck This Mess is back from the war

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2006

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 343 [939*]: Abstract & Voluminous

      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:
      # # #

      "Not everything that counts can be counted, not everything that can
      be counted counts"
      o Quote that Einstein had hanging over his desk in Princeton

      capitalist innovation, in other words, is essentially governed by a
      lack of a certain knowledge. In everyday language, we would call this
      "risk-taking" behaviour. In political science, Wildavsky similarly
      used uncertainty to argue against "excessive" caution, his point
      being that "searching for safety" precludes the possibility
      of learning about risk - knowledge that can only be obtained from
      practical experience. Risk-taking, then, implies for the insurance
      industry that it experiments with dealing with the social overflows
      of medical underwriting, as a process of trial and error.
      o Ine Van Hoyweghen, Risky Business, 2006

      "it seems that we have developed a continuously expanding universe of
      sounds in which pitch, amplitude, duration,
      and timbre comprise the elemental particles that explode from the
      centre of the musical universe."
      o Matt Rogalsky

      Southwest > Taylor Dupree [1]
      + > Dylan Thomas [2]
      Astronaut of Inner Space > Rothkamm [3]
      Slow > Taylor Dupree [1]
      How Green Was MY Valley Supreme > Paniculture SM [4]
      Querer Libera > Emisor [1]
      Concubine > Subsonic Soundsytem vs Tenka [5]
      A Force on Edge > Beans [6]
      Disolucion Imaginaria > Emisor [1]
      Please Hang Up > Stefan Smulovitz [7]
      New Leaf > Shelley Hirsch vs Insect Lab [8]
      Return from Workuta > Area [9]
      S/t w/t > Chantal Dumas [10]
      Nighttime Skies > Paniculture SM [4]
      Sprawl (Western Magnetics) > Matt Rogalsky [11]
      + Hard Luck > DJ Frankie Bones vs Electric Music Foundation [12]
      Luglio, Agosto, Settembre (Nero) > Area [9]
      Winterlud 1 > Greetje Bijma & Klaas Hoek [13]
      The Big Wig > J.D. King & the Coachmen [14]
      Ekhos > Samuel Beaudoin [7]
      The Port of Albany > J.D. King & the Coachmen [14]
      Information > Mathieu Marcoux [7]
      Respiré un Cordero > Anla Courtis [15]
      Passagi 1,2 Demetrio Stratos [9a]
      Reducido a Hemorragia de Merluzas > Anla Courtis [15]
      After the Rain > John Coltrane [16]

      * [includes WTM & pre-WTM playlists from WFMU, Radio Libertaire,
      Radio Patapoe and Radio 100]

      [1] "Bip-Hop Generation vol. 7" <www.bip-hop.com> great series of
      music[s] that turns inward and inward and inward until the guts of
      one's DNA begin to shine like the spiral of the Milky Way.
      Exceptional series of electronic post-glitch works. In Wreck Top 30±
      for 2004.

      [2] The fertile music of words. Who needs a slam when you have these

      [3] "FB02; Astronaut of Inner Space" on Flux <www.fluxrecords.com>.
      Feeling a little like I'm in a Lost in Space Back to the Retro Future
      of Brazil outtake here. the music is warm, enveloping and strangely
      pinioned between astro-lounge and the utterances of a space capsule
      off its flight path. At once alienating and somehow comforting. It
      claims to be in Triphony, a synaesthetic experience where sound
      becomes sightŠ

      [4] "Clouds and Country" on Paniculture <scottmarshall.org>. Strange
      brew of ambiences where Pink Floyd goes hiking in Upstate NY. Only to
      come upon a colony of improvisational guitarists who are trying to
      commune with nature.

      [5] "Cybersonica 04" <www.cybersonica.org>.

      [6] "Shock City Maverick" Warp 2004. MC/producer of hiphop group
      Anti-Pop Consortium and self-described "Ornette Coleman of this rap
      shit", he seems to move easily from provocational sounds to sensual
      beats to hyper-pumped up electric existential beats to gloomy cloudy
      weather heralded by a cello piece, there is a bemused sense of sci-fi
      apocalypse tweaking our senses as we roam around looking for
      something to activate any sense in a profound way. Very good.

      [7] No idea any more.

      [8] "New Leaf" demo CD. dennis delzotto <delzotto@...>
      Shelley Hirsch turns to some electronica like so many other avant
      gardists recently and comes up with her hands full. Trance ambient
      electronix compliment her ad-libbed avant scattismic incantations
      [with some yodel forays!] As you must know I am one of the world's
      biggest fansŠ

      [9] "Arbeit Macht Frei" on who knowsŠ Compliments of Massimo in
      Venetia. This avant-prog rocker combines the best and worst of prog
      rock and the avant garde for an intriguing sound that is one part
      Focus, one part Soft Machine, one part Leon Thomas, one part Luciano
      berio, one part Grand Funk[?]. [9a] Demetrio Stratos, lead vocalist
      of Area, is also a bit of a yodelerŠ

      [10] Four months later I have no idea where this is from.

      [11] "Memory Like Water" on XI <www.xirecords.org>. Live performances
      on a double CD of this imaginative Canadian computer noodler. I
      really like the Radios piece as he interacts with instrumentalists [2
      radios tuned to talk radio]. He legitimizes software as valid
      instrument because he insists on the chanciness of improvŠ

      [12] Great techno that takes beats to the autobahn and pushes the
      accelerator to the floor.

      [13] "Winterlud" on BV Haast <www.bvhaast.nl> <www.greetjebijma.nl>.
      Brilliant and dynamic avant vocalizations from this Dutch ululator.
      Interesting combination of scat-abstract with poetry [Yeats], jazz,
      traditional folk songs, liederen and somber Gregorianesque chants and
      other recuperated material.

      [14] "American Mercury" on Ecstatic Peace <ecstaticpeace.com>. This
      is what ESP records would sound like if made by a man who has had a
      sip too much [just enough?] of stagnant pond water. Open chords, open
      and free rock jazz that reminds me as much of Chicago Transit
      Authority's "Freeform Guitar" mixed with some of the LSD inspired
      free jazz of the late 60s as approved by William F. Buckley, of

      [15] "Tape Works" on Pogus <www.pogus.com>. Of Reynols fame, here
      presents strange strategic audio material from old tapes.

      [16] "The Gentle Side of John Coltrane" on Impulse/GRP. Probably one
      of the best things I ever permanently borrowed. When working as a
      temp at GRP I got lots of freebie jazz stuff, weird thing was, the
      only good stuff [except Diane Krall] was all the old stuff. The new
      stuff sucked. I stole this out of my boss's office when I noticed he
      had about 10 of these [on tape only at the time!]. stealing was
      really liberating [in the multifarious meaning of the term]. This is
      probably among my top 5 of most played CDs of all time.

      o You are probably wondering why there have been NO WTM playlists for
      over 2 months. You are probably still sighing relief. But the bitch
      is back. WTM is doing catch up while trying to retrieve work and
      finish translations and whatever else. The main situation was I
      traveled a bit for the yodel documentary I am making with filmmaker
      Arno Kranenborg. The focus has shifted and shimmied as we discover
      some amazing people and yodelers. Then mid-October the phone company
      decided we were moving! Again! And back to our old address! This
      might seem funny but 2 months later I finally have my adsl connection
      back and I still don't really get the joke except that KPN [the AT&T
      of NL] must have read too much Kafka in the establishment of their
      rules, regulations and procedures. Then problems with the gas
      company, my 'new' digital camera stopped taking good photos, our USB
      stick doesn't work, the school administration where paloma goes to
      school leaves much to be desired as does the creche she attendsŠ But
      I have a thorough grip on insanity, know what it feels, seems,
      tastes, looks, sounds like. I have been there and now I am going to
      write an opera about the labyrinthine and amazingly confusing
      'system' of non-communicative communications comps.

      o Women talk three times as much as men. This can be looked at from 2
      [if not more] angles. Either women talk too much [21,000 words per
      day] or men don't talk enough [7,000 words]. Maybe words help us
      negotiate a world otherwise hostile and impregnable. 95% of all
      people in prison are men. Nuff said?

      o Less Fat [sent by Kari S] You will be pleased to hear that in New
      York state, starting in the 2007-08 school year only fat free and 1%
      milk, water and 100% juice with no suger added will be available in
      primary schools. In middle schools the same beverages will be
      available but in larger portions. In High School there will no longer
      be soda vending machines. A study has shown that if you reduce a
      childs intake of "useless" calories by 45 a day starting when they
      are 8, by the time the graduate high school they will be 20 lbs.
      lighter. The NY schools also have started an initiative of buying
      locally grown produce for each district and making it available to
      children in lieu of less healthy choices. Texas should take notes.
      Hope all is well with you! Kari

      o Kidnapped Garden Gnomes Found in France / Limoges, Oct 2006: 8o
      garden gnomes kidnapped from gardens in parts of France were
      discovered unharmed in Limousin. The gnomes were hidden in a thicket
      with a banner: Garden Gnome Abused, Garden Gnome Liberated. The
      Garden Gnome Liberation Front has been active around France for years

      Notes on other Patapoe audionauts & nuts:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop is one of the most eccentric and stimulating radio
      shows anywhere. Sartre, DeSade, Doo Wop and music from the gonads.
      Now on Radio Patapoe on Sunday 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o Solus: Minimal electro techno acid french hiphop / Thursdays 22.00
      o Super Nova is a big potpourri of sounds influences and information
      both local and elsewhere. Can you picture a sound? On Sundays

      o Wildcat Radio: Anarchist organization presents radio as it should
      be - in your ear. Saturdays 18.00-20.00.

      o De Oktoskoop: Kinderen/kid/children/rugrats and other visionaries.
      Sat. 11.30-13.30

      o POLYPHAKE PLAPPERLAPAPP: "polyphone audioerosion featuring
      occasional beatweirdniks in an plaperlappap assemblage hosted by
      F.Fiasko 22:30-?? Wednesdays

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00

      * Wreck This Mess-Paris @ Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.4 hosted by
      Laurent Diouf 1/2 PanouPanou on Tuesdays 12:30-14:30 check
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric radio check <http://www.blacksifichi.com>

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Dina Appeldoornstraat 11-3
      1076 AX Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      o Check out NEW excerpts from my erotic-dérive novel: Paris Sex Tete
      on Parisiana <http://www.parisiana.com/>