Free Christmas Compilation from Silber Records

  • silberspy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2006
      Hey Kidz,

      Silber Sounds of Christmas is our third Christmas compilation & once
      again offered as a free download to the internet savvy. This time
      we're joined by old friends (Electric Bird Noise, Blessed Child
      Opera, Immune) as well as new friends (Siberia, The Wades, Rachel
      Goldstar) along with some of the Silber roster themselves (Remora,
      Small Life Form, Plumerai, Goddakk).
      Twenty-three artists appear generally bringing us brand new
      material. The more straightforward covers are Shiny Around the Edges
      doing "The Christmas Song," Mars Field doing "Jesus Christ" (by Big
      Star), & My Ambient Nature Girl doing a portion of Handel's Messiah.
      In the drastic re-interpretation category we have The Upsidedown
      Stars with "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing," Sailor Winters with "What
      Child Is This?" & Remora with "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" & "What Can
      I Give Him?" The musical styles vary greatly from guitarscapes
      (Siberia) to ambient noise (Small Life Form) to post-punk (South West
      Airline) to dream-pop (Rachel Goldstar) to minimalist classical
      (Duane Pitre/Pilotram). So there's something for almost everyone.
      We hope you enjoy the music & can play it throughout the season & on
      through the soundtrack of your life.
      Complete artist roster: Origami Tacet, immune, Rachel Goldstar,
      Siberia, living in photographs, Small Life Form, Electric Bird Noise,
      The Zanzibar Snails, Plumerai, Remora, Sailor Winters, Shiny Around
      the Edges, Peter Aldrich, Wrong Brothers, Bokor, 230 divisadero,
      Moral Crayfish, South West Airline, recorded home, Duane
      Pitre/Pilotram, Mars Field, Goddakk vs JM, Blessed Child Opera, My
      Ambient Nature Girl, The Wades, The Torch Marauder featuring Matt
      Westlake, & The Upsidedown Stars
      For more info & to download, please go to
      www.silbermedia.com/comps/soundsofchristmas

      The Remora "Beams" video is now up on YouTube
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=UpHBYbpXTRo

      As some of you may have heard, I was in a car accident this week.
      I'm fine, but my car was destroyed. So we're having a sale with a
      bunch of discs at pretty deep discounts to try to generate a little
      money to help me get back on the road. www.silbermedia.com/sale

      hrt
      Brian John Mitchell
      www.silbermedia.com