Mahogany 'Connectivity!' now available

  • rgpietru
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2006
      We are pleased to announce the release of our second full-length album, 'Connectivity!'

      Connectivity! is available exclusively via Darla Records mail order from 01 October 2006.
      ORDER HERE: http://www.darla.com/cart.asp?action=Add&prdID=5877

      Look for Connectivity! internationally at your local record store from 30 October 2006

      Connectivity! is Mahogany's second full length record, following the holy grail of US indie
      shoegazer records The Dream of a Modern Day (Burnt Hair, 1999. Reissued by Darla,
      2001), and over a dozen singles & EPs; compiled and released as Memory Column 2CD
      (Darla, 2005). Mahogany return with Connectivity!, embracing Factory Records' chill, the
      Cocteau Twins' radiance, and Brian Wilson's optimism. It is the group's most evocative and
      delicately complex work, employing every instrument, voice, and magic black box within
      Mahogany's new studio, the Civil Defense. Mahogany's massive, celestial, guitar-driven
      sound is ultimately unique. Connectivity! is a two disc set featuring three mixes by
      Cocteau Twins producer, guitarist, Robin Guthrie, the vocal debut of Lucy Belle Guthrie
      (daughter of Cocteau Twins Robin Guthrie & Elizabeth Frazier), and three mpeg videos.

      "People who are into dream pop and classic UK shoegazer rock need to give this band a
      listen, as they're among the best bands currently doing this stuff." --PITCHFORK

      "Over the crisp geometry of drum-machine rhythms and rectilinear vocal melodies, a la
      Stereolab, guitars and celli shimmer and splash, enriching the structures by blurring them.
      This is heaven-sent manna." --NEW YORK TIMES

      "It's truly admirable how they've managed to come up with an album that sounds so
      unique and original: A desperately needed wave of fresh air after all the unimaginative
      retroism that's been dominating the last years." --ULRICH SCHNAUSS

      ADVANCE REVIEWS
      AUTOPIA
      http://www.autopiamusic.com/modules.php?name=Editors_Choice&id=26

      OPUS