Ori Drumer - In the Heart of the dozing pool cd

  • Uri Shaham
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2006
      Ori Drumer - In the Heart of the dozing pool cd
      "In the heart of the dozing pool" , Ori Drumer's latest solo album , is
      distributed now by topheth prophet ( www.topheth.org )
      Drumer ,musician and multi disciplinary artist ,was a leading figure in
      the industrial and experimental music scene in Israel in the 80's and
      90's.
      Ori was also the bass player and founder of the legendary industrial
      group 'Duralex Sadlex'.

      "In the heart of the dozing pool" was recorded in Tel Aviv between
      October 2003 and July 2004.
      The album is based on a unique musical instrument designed for a
      specific project. The instrument, "Virginity Spring" is a series of
      tubings, slats, wires, wood, plastic, clamps and bowls, that produce
      sounds made from flowing, dripping and bubbling water. It permeates the
      sound sculptures, many of which are initially gorgeous and melodic, with
      its "natural", warm and pristine sounds, whilst visually resembling
      something quite cold from the sterile, medical world of a surgical
      operating room. the sounds produced by the virginity spring are mixed
      with old folk dance tunes from the beginning of the 20th century as well
      as more traditional instruments such as an accordion, Guitar, Bass drums
      and feet stumping.

      "When I wrote the piece...I had in mind the idea of longing mixed with
      hope to the promised land. I thought of women imageries, of folklore
      dancing in the beginning of the Hebrew dance of the 1920-30's and of
      those young new-commers dancers who immigrated to Israel full of dreams,
      hopes and visions"

      for more info,sample etc. check ori's website http://www.oridrumer.com/
      for other details (including retail \ wholesale \ trade ) check
      http://www.topheth.org