RMI Live & Banco De Gaia Interview on Echoes

  • John Diliberto
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2006
      ECHOES
      A Nightly Music Soundscape
      Over 130 Radio Stations

      ELECTRONIC INTERVIEWS & LIVE PERFORMANCES
      This Week of August 14 2006

      *Denotes Echoes on XM Satellite Radio Channel 133, Sunday 3-5 pm ET

      Tuesday 08/15, (Wednesday 8/16 in Philadelphia) Sunday 08/20
      A LIVING ROOM CONCERT WITH RADIO MASSACRE INTERNATIONAL
      A British synthesizer band orchestrates electronic spacescapes in
      their London home
      Radio Massacre International is an electronic band noted for their
      use of vintage synthesizers in pursuit of long, expansive soundscapes
      that are mostly improvised on the spot. In the London home of RMI's
      Duncan Goddard, they fire up an old Mellotron, ancient analog
      synthesizers and devices of more recent vintage to create the kind of
      music you wish was the soundtrack to a Hollywood space opera. But the
      images will be in your head when we hear Radio Massacre International
      playing live from London.

      Wednesday 08/16, (Thursday 8/17/ in Philadelphia) Sunday 08/20
      BANCO DE GAIA: GLOBAL POLITICS IN ETHNO-AMBIENT TAPESTRIES
      England's leading ethno-techno artist orchestrates a global music of
      the electro-imagination
      Ferengistan may be the ancient name that Arabs had for the west, as
      Toby Marks claims, or it may be a word play on Star Trek's venal
      Ferengi race. But there's no doubting the message behind the latest
      ethno-ambient opus from Banco de Gaia, the non de plume of Toby
      Marks. Farewell Ferengistan is a breathless trip through middle
      eastern grooves, ululating chants, sci-fi voice clips and often
      ecstatic melodies. It was our CD of the Month for July and now, Toby
      Marks talks about the state of the world and electronica when we
      interview him on Echoes.
      OTHER ARTISTS INTERVIEWED THIS MONTH ON ECHOES
      Banco De Gaia, Bombay Dub Orchestra, Don Peris, Forastiere
      John Foxx, Lanterna, Leo Abrahams, Marconi Union, Michael Brook,
      Michael Manring, Radio Massacre International, Richard Leo Johnson,
      and Ryan Farish

      Note: Keep in mind that not all stations air ECHOES in the sequence
      that we send it to them each week. The dates you'll see with each
      listing are the initial broadcast, the following Sunday, which is
      the Echoes Sunday feed, and the ECHOES broadcast on XM Satellite
      Radio, Channel 133. Call one of our public radio stations for the
      forthcoming week of ECHOES.
      Read the Echoes Blog-Hear Echoes 24/7-Sign up for Echoes Interview Podcast
      http://www.echoes.org
      John Diliberto
      ((( (((echoes))) )))
      Producer/Host