new releases from monohm.com

  • monohm
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15 2:30 PM
      monohm.com is back with two new releases

      monohm014 | monohm | kuda

      descriptor | minimal | textures | drones | rhythms

      available for immediate download in 192 kbps mp3 format.

      we have also just issued the first in a series of special music/art edition
      releases:

      monart0601 | markus brösel | one less hello

      descriptor | piano | minimal | drones

      1 track 3" CDr limited to 15 copies packaged in a 10x10cm hand painted
      signed and numbered wood framed canvas.

      more details can be found on our website.

      thanks for listening.

      | www.monohm.com |
    • John Diliberto
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 15 3:09 PM
        ECHOES
        A Nightly Music Soundscape
        Over 130 Radio Stations

        ELECTRONIC INTERVIEWS & LIVE PERFORMANCES
        This Week of August 14 2006

        *Denotes Echoes on XM Satellite Radio Channel 133, Sunday 3-5 pm ET

        Tuesday 08/15, (Wednesday 8/16 in Philadelphia) Sunday 08/20
        A LIVING ROOM CONCERT WITH RADIO MASSACRE INTERNATIONAL
        A British synthesizer band orchestrates electronic spacescapes in
        their London home
        Radio Massacre International is an electronic band noted for their
        use of vintage synthesizers in pursuit of long, expansive soundscapes
        that are mostly improvised on the spot. In the London home of RMI's
        Duncan Goddard, they fire up an old Mellotron, ancient analog
        synthesizers and devices of more recent vintage to create the kind of
        music you wish was the soundtrack to a Hollywood space opera. But the
        images will be in your head when we hear Radio Massacre International
        playing live from London.

        Wednesday 08/16, (Thursday 8/17/ in Philadelphia) Sunday 08/20
        BANCO DE GAIA: GLOBAL POLITICS IN ETHNO-AMBIENT TAPESTRIES
        England's leading ethno-techno artist orchestrates a global music of
        the electro-imagination
        Ferengistan may be the ancient name that Arabs had for the west, as
        Toby Marks claims, or it may be a word play on Star Trek's venal
        Ferengi race. But there's no doubting the message behind the latest
        ethno-ambient opus from Banco de Gaia, the non de plume of Toby
        Marks. Farewell Ferengistan is a breathless trip through middle
        eastern grooves, ululating chants, sci-fi voice clips and often
        ecstatic melodies. It was our CD of the Month for July and now, Toby
        Marks talks about the state of the world and electronica when we
        interview him on Echoes.
        OTHER ARTISTS INTERVIEWED THIS MONTH ON ECHOES
        Banco De Gaia, Bombay Dub Orchestra, Don Peris, Forastiere
        John Foxx, Lanterna, Leo Abrahams, Marconi Union, Michael Brook,
        Michael Manring, Radio Massacre International, Richard Leo Johnson,
        and Ryan Farish

        Note: Keep in mind that not all stations air ECHOES in the sequence
        that we send it to them each week. The dates you'll see with each
        listing are the initial broadcast, the following Sunday, which is
        the Echoes Sunday feed, and the ECHOES broadcast on XM Satellite
        Radio, Channel 133. Call one of our public radio stations for the
        forthcoming week of ECHOES.
        Read the Echoes Blog-Hear Echoes 24/7-Sign up for Echoes Interview Podcast
        http://www.echoes.org
        John Diliberto
        ((( (((echoes))) )))
        Producer/Host