yellow6 news 14 Aug 2006

  • jon attwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2006
      hi

      I hope you are enjoying your summer wherever you are and whatever you
      are doing

      just a brief intrusion into your lives with some news on what Yellow6
      has been up to... the new album is all recorded and scheduled for
      autumn release on the wonderful Resonant Label, home to Port-Royal and
      Library Tapes among many others.
      Aside from recording my own new music, I've remixed Matthew Rozeik,
      Void's Anatomy, Televise and Port-Royal and have a few other things on
      the go (yes, the Northern Lakes album hasn't been forgotten!)
      I hope to do some live shows when the album is out (if not before) -
      check the website of MySpace page for up to date news.

      and on to the new release section...

      there's been a couple of recent releases, available now direct from
      Yellow6 and certain discerning retailers:

      The Beautiful Season Has Past - 3CD, 40 song collection of singles,
      rarities and vinyl only tracks (including the
      'icanhearthemusicallaroundme' 12") is out now on RROOPP records.
      a bargain at only 11 UK pounds

      in case you need some persuasion to part with that paltry sum, here's
      what some people have said about it:

      "Of course, for a relatively obscure band like Yellow6, the question of
      whether or not an elaborate 3 disc is necessary is asked. The answer, in
      short, is YES!!! Jon Attwood is without a doubt one of the most
      important (yet unfortunately unsung) people in the ambient, shoegaze,
      electronic, post-rock community. His prolific songwriting is deeply
      complex, yet bares the marks of effortlessness. Attwood's ability to
      take droning guitars and create mini-epics is breathtaking. Few modern
      guitarists can match the elegant beauty of Attwood's work."

      "For any fan of dreampop, ambient, post-rock, slowcore, or shoegaze,
      this is very well the release of the year. Highly recommended."

      "This is about as close to perfection you can get." -
      <http://www.theblackandwhitemag.com/reviews.asp?cid=y#247> The Black and
      White Magazine

      "The most unusual thing is not that Attwood has released this much
      material but that he has maintained a very high level of quality
      throughout, as this collection testifies. Across all forty tracks, there
      is never a duff track."

      "The music collected here covered a huge range of moods and emotions.
      Much of Attwood's best work appears on 'The Beautiful Season Has Past',
      so whether you're a newcomer or an old fan, this is a great album to get
      your hands on." - Indigo
      <http://www.indigoflow.co.uk/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id
      =1858> Flow

      What more can I say???? BUY IT! (Please!)

      There is also a 4-band split CD with 3 new Yellow6 songs (one of which
      is a taster for the new album)... it features about 20 mins each from:
      Lope (Sweden)
      Yellow6 (UK)
      Absent Without Leave (Greece)
      Kimonophonic (USA)
      and it's released by Danish label BSBTA - a true multinational affair if
      ever I saw one.
      AND... it's only 7 UK pounds

      Last but not least, I have some copies of the latest Little Darla Has A
      Treat For You 2CD set with an exclusive Yellow6 song (plus 35 other
      artists including epic45, july skies, portal, mahogany, apse, aarktica)
      these are 5 pounds, or 3 pounds with either of the other releases.

      that's all for now - please email me if you want copies of any of these
      releases and check out the links below for more information.

      cheers
      jon.6

      - y e l l o w 6 -
      <http://www.yellow6.com/> www.yellow6.com