Re: [thewire] Cecil Taylor

  • damon
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 14, 2006
      On Aug 13, 2006, at 10:39 PM, Andrew Cox wrote:

      > I've recently "discovered" Cecil Taylor. I'd heard his stuff in the
      > past, but never really got it, but now it's like a drug!
      >
      > So, my question to you lot is - did he ever record with Peter
      > Brotzman?

      -yes, on "Olu Iwa" on Soul Note and the European orchestra 2cd set on
      FMP.

      damon smith
      http://www.balancepointacoustics.com
      http://myspace.com/smithdamon

      Just released:
      bpa009 "sperrgut" birgit ulher/damon smith/martin blume
      bpa 010 "cruxes" aurora josephson/joelle leandre/damon smith/martin
      blume
      bpa 011 "sextesense" john butcher/aaron bennett/henry kaiser/danielle
      degruttola/damon smith/jerome bryerton