Cecil Taylor

  • Andrew Cox
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2006
      I've recently "discovered" Cecil Taylor. I'd heard his stuff in the
      past, but never really got it, but now it's like a drug!

      So, my question to you lot is - did he ever record with Peter Brotzman?
    • damon
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2006
        On Aug 13, 2006, at 10:39 PM, Andrew Cox wrote:

        > I've recently "discovered" Cecil Taylor. I'd heard his stuff in the
        > past, but never really got it, but now it's like a drug!
        >
        > So, my question to you lot is - did he ever record with Peter
        > Brotzman?

        -yes, on "Olu Iwa" on Soul Note and the European orchestra 2cd set on
        FMP.

        damon smith
        http://www.balancepointacoustics.com
        http://myspace.com/smithdamon

        Just released:
        bpa009 "sperrgut" birgit ulher/damon smith/martin blume
        bpa 010 "cruxes" aurora josephson/joelle leandre/damon smith/martin
        blume
        bpa 011 "sextesense" john butcher/aaron bennett/henry kaiser/danielle
        degruttola/damon smith/jerome bryerton