TRopicalia REmasters

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2006
      I've been buying up a lot of the Gilberto Gil and Caetano Veloso early
      stuff recently. Been buying it through amazon's market pages.
      While most of the Gilberto Gil I've picked up has been the most recent
      remasters most of the Caetano Veloso has been from '89 or '90.
      I think I might have thought about complaining if it weren't for the
      length of time it would take to return stuff plus not neccessarily
      being able to get the newer versions anyway. All the Amazon.com own
      site stuff has 4-6 week despatch times for one thing.

      My main point here though is to ask if anybody actually knows if there
      was much of an upgrade in sound on the more recent cds? The Caetano
      Veloso stuff fro '89 -90 sounds just about ok. Can be heard (doesn't
      seem as quiet as some cds from back then do, in fact plays next to
      other discs on my 3changer without making much notice). So maybe I
      should be happy to have this stuff & not get the hang up?

      Is there much difference?
      Stevo
      Np Gilberto Gil Expresso 2222 Pipoca Moderna