UTECH RECORDS- July Transmission

  • Keith Utech
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2006
      JULY TRANSMISSION <http://www.utechrecords.com>

      NEWS:

      - July is here and brings the release of the last three items in the Utech
      Records cdr series for a while. I'm very happy to offer titles from Nadja,
      Phantom Limb & Bison and the Padmanabha/Chang duo.

      - Nothing new in the store this month. I expect to restock a few older items
      and have new titles available soon. And, yes, I still plan to stock the
      Jazkamer vinyl as soon as it arrives from Norway.

      - James Plotkin "Kurtlanmak/Damascus" [URCD001] is right around the corner.
      If all goes well it should see the light of day in the first half of August.
      I've seen printer proofs on all of the pieces and they look great. As soon
      as I have some photos of the finished piece I will post them to the site.

      Here are the UTECH updates:

      NADJA "Trembled" [046] $11
      Aidan Baker (guitars/vocals/drum programming) and Leah Buckareff (bass).
      Originally formed in 2003 as a solo project, the now-duo creates
      ambient/drone/doom metal, combining soundscapes, electronics, & atmospheric
      vocals w/ snail-crawl, epic riffs & dirge-like percussion, all tempered w/ a
      certain ethereal melodicism such that the listener is enveloped in a
      swirling, sublimating wall of amorphous, cacophanous sound. Recorded at a
      private event in Toronto earlier this year. Includes Swans cover.
      Hand-assembled and numbered edition of 200 cdr.

      PHANTOM LIMB + BISON [047] $11
      The music of Phantom Limb & Bison has been described as fitting entirely
      within the grid of all social and cultural norms. "...there is nothing out
      of the ordinary about this music whatsoever, but..." Phantom Limb & Bison
      has it's origins in the United States and includes members of psi, New
      Scalthzkgazan, and Team Up: Jaime Fennelly on sine wave oscillators and
      electronics, the guitarist Chris Forsyth, Shawn Hansen on EMS Synthi and
      radio feedback, and reed player Chris Heenan. Hand-assembled and numbered
      edition of 200 cdr.

      RAVI PADMANABHA/ED CHANG "Elephant Calls" [048] $11
      Ravi Padmanabha is a percussionist, multi-instrumentalist, improviser and
      composer. Ed Chang has been performing and composing music since 1984, and
      since the early 90's has been developing a personal voice and aesthetic in
      the language and anti-structure of free improvisation and experimental
      composition. The two collaborate here on tabla and acoustic guitar
      respectively over the course of 6 breathtaking tracks. Hand-assembled and
      numbered edition of 200 cdr.