New Review of Doorways on Phosphor

  • JC
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2006
      Here's a new review from Phosphor.
      Their site is at:
      http://www.xs4all.nl/~phosphor
      The CD can be found at:
      http://www.deconstructionist.com/blacknote/doorways.htm

      Kyron: Doorways CD
      It's not the first time we review an output of the California-based
      project Kyron. The albums Whims vol. 2 and Fin de etapa already caught our
      attention in the past.
      The latest CD by JC Mendizabal, the person behind this project, can hardly
      be compared with his previous ones. Doorways is a 65-minute long
      apocalyptic score for a lovely psychological horror trip. The music
      constantly breaths an immense tension, the electronics used can be
      considered fear producing and the vocal samples on top of them seem to be
      from people struggling for their existance.
      Especially the second and third track are treathening in this way. The
      second half of the album is full of sci-fi sounds, larded with estranged
      voices. A trance-techno track can even be found at the end of the album,
      to prevent people from falling in a complete depression. For the stronger
      ones among us recommended.
      jc@...
      www.deconstructionist.com/blacknote