more recent purchases

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2006
      This morning I recieved the cds I had on post-restante until I got
      back from London

      Einsturzende Neubauten Zeichnungen Der Patienten O.T.
      great, was one of my favourite tripping lps way back when i had it on
      vinyl thanks to its use of texture. Here I've got it on Potomak
      finally. Only hearing it now for first time on earphones but the
      following sounded good anyway

      E.N. Feunf auf der Nach obenen Offenen Richterskala
      Which I haven't heard in years but still sounds pretty great. I think
      some people dismissed it as a lesser lp but then it did come after
      1/2 Mensch which is a masterpiece. This is more open structured
      though it does shopw influences from folk etc , the cover of Morning
      Dew is on here too. I like the 2 tracks at the end of each side the
      best I think.

      Jan Dukes De Grey Mice and Rats in The Loft
      weird proggy lp with 3 longish pretty freeform tracks veering from
      picked acoustic guitar through rock through snippets with strings.
      I guess it was overdubbed otherwise I can't see how it COULD be
      played.
      Liner notes by DAvid Tibet & strangely a joint project between Get
      Back and SAnctuary

      John Cale Paris 1919 (new remaster)
      the sound on this is a lot better than my earlier cd copy. you can
      hear what's being played & sung. Cale backed by 2 members of Little
      Feat & A CRusader. Some very nice material.

      Fresh Maggots Hatched
      The new version of the Sunbeam cd, with 5 tracks from a Kid Jensen
      BBcradio show plus a non lp single. Haven't played it yet.
      But liner notes mention fierce fuzz guitar meets well played
      acoustic.

      Judee Sill Abracadabra
      The 2 Asylum records plus the same length as bonus tracks. Not sure
      if this is just direct one package UK reissue of Rhino Handmades 2
      separates or what. Has a live set from '71 on end of 1st disc &
      demoes disc2
      So far I've only played through disc2 which is pretty great
      countrytinged folky stuff with a bit of a Xian message(though that
      may be a bit of a cover/front)

      Blodwyin Pig Ahead Rings Out
      New remaster of Mick Abrahams solo Tull spinoff. I bought it cos I
      liked See My Way, quite a bit of it does seem a bit too pub rocky
      but it has its moments, Modern Alcemist is pretty tasty jazz workout
      too.

      Eddie Gale 's Ghetto mUsic
      ex CEcil Taylor sideman's late 60s lp joined by large vocal group
      mainly doing wordless vocals except on 1st song. Can see some
      similarities to GRis Gris among other things. Pretty good stuff
      anyway. I like this psychy-jazz stuff.

      Steve Ashley Stroll On REvisited
      Singer songwriter/folky with various backings including the only
      recording of the 1st Albion Country Band. Been wanting to hear this
      since reading The Guv'nor the Ashley HUtchings biography.
      Wondering if there is more early ACB(pre Battle Of THe Field) on the
      recent HUtchings box set.
      Stevo
      Np Fresh Maggots Hatched And When She Laughs