RE: [thewire] Keiji Haino+ Sitaar Tah!/ Gaping Maw

  • Scott Slimm
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2006
      New releases KEIJI HAINO + SITAAR TAH! Double CD and the GAPING MAW CD
      currently been added to the shop section of the website
      http://www.archivecd.com/shop.htm along with a sizable MP3 clip for the
      Gaping Maw disc and pics of both releases. Please remember all prices are
      postpaid in the US. All Canadian and Overseas orders please add proper
      postage using the paypal drop down menu based on the instructions at the top
      of the shop area. Any questions drop me an email.

      Release Info:

      -KEIJI HAINO+ SITAAR TAH! Double CD. 100min live recording from a one time
      meeting between my favorite multi-instrumentalist Keiji Haino and a 20-piece
      sitar orchestra. Sitaar Tah! churn a constant undercurrent of harmonics
      which Haino plays overtop of on Hurdy Gurdy, Flute, vocals, electric sruthi
      box, and electric tanbur. Recording also features special guest FUYUKI
      YAMAKAWA on the Igil and throat singing. Wonderful sonic mastering job on
      this double disc from Mr. Plotkin. DESIGN: layout and package by Stephen
      O'Malley features a die cut letterpress cover that was designed to have the
      look of a dustcover for a hardcover book. It comes packed in a plastic
      sleeve which measure 6" X 5". This is a split release with Important records
      and a one-time pressing of 1000 copies. $22 post paid in the US

      -GAPING MAW CD- frenzied trio live recordings for Drums (Tatsuya Nakatani),
      Mini Moog (Kyle Bruckmann), and Bass (Kurt Johnson). Most notable member
      would be fellow Haino'phile Kurt Johnson who spent some time earning his
      stripes in the Chicago improv scene and providing bass power to the FLYING
      LUTTENBACHERS for a few years. This disc more or less is like kicking a band
      down a flight of stairs over and over. Some ebb and flow is mixed in over
      the 40mins disc which is enough to provide some balance, but for the most
      part this disc jumps on you from the get-go and runs hard front to back.
      DESIGN: Adapted paintings by Lisa Mordhorts have been used stretched over my
      standard 2.5 panel sleeve with locking CD hub on the inside. Also comes in a
      plastic sleeve 5" X 6". One time pressing of 500 $11 post paid in the US

      -PLOTKIN/ WYSKIDA I also have some remaining from the orig 1000 CD's we
      pressed that live on the shop page with info and an MP3 for listening
      enjoyment. $13 Post paid in the US

      DISTRO ITEMS: some quantities limited

      -FUSHITSUSHA DVD PSF records

      -GOSLINGS spaceheater/ perfect CD interior crucial blast

      -BARDO POND CD sublimations

      TOUR SECTION: TETZUI AKIYAMA upcoming dates for * Philadelphia show is to be
      held at Tequila Sunrise store and is a free gig!!! Will be playing solo
      electric boogie set on a full stack!! Yahhhooooooo BYOB welcomed.

      6 SAN ANTONIO; solo and duo w/Alan Licht, Salon Mijangos
      8 AUSTIN; solo and duo w/Kurt Newman, Little City Downtown
      12 PHILADELPHIA; Tequila Sunrise Records
      14 NYC; solo and duo w/Loren Connors, Tonic
      15 BROOKLYN; + Jaime Fennelly/Chris Forsyth/Shawn Edward Hansen,
      Free103point9 Project Space
      17 MONTREAL; The Suoni Per Il Popolo Festival, La Sala Rossa
      20 SAN DIEGO; venue tba
      24 LOS ANGELES; Schindler House
      25 LOS ANGELES; Eagle Rock Cultural Center
      29 SAN FRANCISCO; venue tba
      TOUR W/JEFFREY ALLPORT (6/30-7/5)
      30 SEATTLE; Gallery 1412July-
      11 VANCOUVER; Western Front
      3 VICTORIA; Open Space
      5 PORTLAND; venue tba
      6 CHICAGO; Empty Bottle
      8 MILWAUKEE; Hotcakes Gallery
      11 BOSTON; venue tba
      TOUR W/HARRIS NEWMAN (7/14-7/19)
      14 MONTREAL; Casa del Popolo
      15 OTTAWA; venue tba
      17 LONDON; Dissent
      18 TORONTO; Tranzac Club
      21 JACKSON; venue tba
      22 NEW ORLEANS; solo, duo and trio w/Donald Miller and Rob Cambre, The Big

      2006.5.26(Fri) Logan Square Auditorium(Chicago, IL)
      w/ Sunn 0)))

      2006.5.27(Sat) Wexner Center For The Arts (Columbus, OH)
      w/ Sunn 0)))

      2006.5.28(Sun) Emissions Festival (Youngstown, OH)
      w/ Sunn 0)))

      2006.5.30(Tue) Avalon (New York. NY)
      w/ Sunn 0))) & Oren Ambarchi

      2006.5.31(Wed) TBA

      2006.6.1(Thu) Middle East Club
      w/ Growing & Thrones

      2006.6.2(Fri) Wallingford American Legion Hall (CT)
      w/ Growing & Thrones

      2006.6.3(Sat) TBA

      2006.6.4(Sun) Ottobar (Baltimore, MD)
      w/ Growing & Thrones

      2006.6.5(Mon) First Unitarian Church (Philadelphia, PA)
      w/ Growing & Thrones