FWD: Stonehenge2006 The Summer Solstice Celebration

  • viziondanz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 12:48 AM
      FWD: Stonehenge2006 The Summer Solstice Celebration

      Please repost to your contacts

      The odyssey continues - a unique collaborative effort between the
      community and English heritage brings us another precious
      opportunity tocelebrate together during the summer solstice at
      Stonehenge as somany of our ancestors have for many thousands of
      years.

      The car park opens Tuesday evening 2oth June at 8pm. The stones will
      open at 10pm until 9am (no entry after 6am). The car park closes at
      1pm.

      Sunrise will occur at 04.58 on Wed 21st June 2006

      There will be a special bus service from Salisbury railway station
      for around £7 round trip. Buses are every half hour from 20:30pm
      until 01:15am to Stonehenge and return every twenty minutes or
      sooner from 05:15am until 06:15am, then every half hour until
      09:45am - Transport from the car park will be provided for disabled
      visitors.

      WARM CLOTHING and rain wear is essential, blankets are allowed in
      but NOT quilts and sleeping bags. No Naked flames or glass bottles
      are allowed inside the stones however incense sticks and small cone
      incense are ok

      Must Read information with active links, about public transport,
      local accommodation, campsites, conditions of entry etc can be found
      at

      http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/summersolsticewww.english-
      heritage.org.uk/summersolstice

      Information Hotline on 0870 333 1186.

      Acoustic music is encouraged, amplified music is not allowed, so
      bring your drums, bells, whistles and guitars etc.

      There will be Recycling points and we will be given a clear rubbish
      bag. The contents of these clear bags will then be sorted so that
      as much of the rubbish can be recycled as possible, you are invited
      to participate in making this initiative a success

      Wholesome vegetarian food will be available from approved food
      stands.

      This celebration is a product of all of us, the synergy, the magic
      that we create when each one of us is everything that we can be. We
      are encouraged to use the areas around the outside of the stones for
      workshops, "talks", chanting, games, music, theatre dance etc,

      "Bring what you would like to see"

      There will be The Sacred Soapbox - a spoken word area where YOU can
      have your say, share your poetry and songs. Also two braziers where
      impromptu events can take place Be colourful, dress up bring banners
      always be mindful of health and safety realities any questions in
      this area should be addressed with english heritage in advance.

      By embracing the optimum possibility for this Stonehenge event, we
      will increase the likelihood of it being successful, adding one more
      grain of sand to the scales that hold the balance for our global
      future - Remember at a critical point, one grain of sand can tip the
      scales one way or the other- your input right now may be that grain
      of sand.

      For more background info, history and links for The Stonehenge
      Solstice Celebration. Goto:

      http://www.infinitepossibility.org/stonehenge11

      http://stonehenge.mercurymoon.co.uk/

      For info about the UK summer festival season check out:

      http://festivaleye.com/

      Your involvement in "The Stonehenge Peace Process" is invited
      contact:

      viziondanz@... for more details

      And join:

      You can see the BBC documentary "Stonehenge Round Table" The final
      episode of the BAFTA award winning 2004 BBC National Trust series, a
      revealing glimpse behind the scenes on the relationships that plan
      and execute the Summer Solstice gathering @ Stonehenge (32,000 that
      year). @See

      http://www.infinitepossibility.org/stonehenge11/roundtable.html

      1 hour 20 mins - its a great movie

      :)
      ----------------------------------
      see me on sky TV
      "The secret lives of the suburbs"
      http://www.infinitepossibility.org/movies/skyTV_secret.wmv

      10 mins

      my website:
      http://www.infinitepossibility.org

      There is nothing wrong with our world,
      we are just having a weird conversation.
      Reclaim the conversation

      Our New World Order IS Love

      Dedicated to the child inside each one of us,
      All the children and All the children to come

      http://www.myspace.com/viziondanz