Re: [thewire] ne plus ultra: mon amour

  • damon
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
      On Apr 13, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Tony Renner wrote:

      > hello --
      >
      > just wanted to let everyone know that i've posted a
      > track my by old group ne plus ultra -- guitar, analog
      > synth, tapes -- to http://www.myspace.com/crumbleradio
      >
      > it hails from 1995 or 1996... i like it... hope you do
      - Isn't that the title of The Warne Mash cd hatology just re-issued?
      The format of those myspace musician pages is great.

      damon smith
      http://www.balancepointacoustics.com
      http://myspace.com/smithdamon

      Just released:
      bpa009 "sperrgut" birgit ulher/damon smith/martin blume
      bpa 010 "cruxes" aurora josephson/joelle leandre/damon smith/martin
      blume

      Coming very soon:
      bpa 011 "sextesence" john butcher/aaron bennett/henry kaiser/danielle
      degruttola/damon smith/jerome bryerton

      recently released:
      bpa 008 "the happymakers"
      wolfgang fuchs/jacob lindsay/damon smith/serge baghdassarians/boris
      baltschun

      also available:
      bpa 005 "sense of hearing"
      carol genetti/damon smith + fred lonberg-holm

      bpa 007 "zero plus"
      phillip wachsmann/martin blume/aurora josephson/jacob lindsay/damon
      smith

      bpa 006 "voice imitator"
      frank gratkowski/jerome bryerton/damon smith

      bpa 004 "desert sweets"
      biggi vinkeloe/mark weaver/damon smith

      bpa 003 "three october meetings"
      wolfgang fuchs/jerome bryerton/damon smith

    • Tony Renner
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
        everyone who's ever recorded anything should have a
        musician page.... more people have heard my music in a
        month on myspace than in the 10 years previous...
        shoot, more folks will have heard that ne plus ultra
        track today than were ever given the demo tape that it
        was originally on...

        tony, going to listen to damon's page now....

        --- damon <damon@...> wrote:

        > The format of those myspace musician pages is great.
        >
        > damon smith
        > http://www.balancepointacoustics.com
        > http://myspace.com/smithdamon
        >
        > Just released:
        > bpa009 "sperrgut" birgit ulher/damon smith/martin
        > blume
        > bpa 010 "cruxes" aurora josephson/joelle
        > leandre/damon smith/martin
        > blume
        >
        > Coming very soon:
        > bpa 011 "sextesence" john butcher/aaron
        > bennett/henry kaiser/danielle
        > degruttola/damon smith/jerome bryerton
        >
        > recently released:
        > bpa 008 "the happymakers"
        > wolfgang fuchs/jacob lindsay/damon smith/serge
        > baghdassarians/boris
        > baltschun
        >

        > also available:
        > bpa 005 "sense of hearing"
        > carol genetti/damon smith + fred lonberg-holm
        >
        > bpa 007 "zero plus"
        > phillip wachsmann/martin blume/aurora
        > josephson/jacob lindsay/damon
        > smith
        >
        > bpa 006 "voice imitator"
        > frank gratkowski/jerome bryerton/damon smith
        >

        > bpa 004 "desert sweets"
        > biggi vinkeloe/mark weaver/damon smith
        >
        > bpa 003 "three october meetings"
        > wolfgang fuchs/jerome bryerton/damon smith

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • damon
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
          Iwas not into when it was a friendster type site, but I kept seeing
          links from craig's list, another amazing internet resource. I finally
          made my page about a month ago, I have re-connected with some old
          friends and collaborators, made some interesting new contacts and
          amassed over 800 plays on the little stand alone player. I don't know
          if I am getting more sales, but it is pretty good for a free service.
          damon

        • Tony Renner
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2006
            sales...? what are those...? i'm just happy that folks
            can hear my music at no cost to me...! i've spent
            hundreds of dollars on cassettes and cds that no one
            has ever listened to...

            then again, it was worth whatever i paid for 100 blank
            cassettes -- my bandmate and i spent a week dubbing
            cassettes, too! -- to take to sxsw one year... we went
            to see arab strap -- who were so drunk that the bass
            player left his bass in the crowd (this seemed legit)
            and broke up at the end of the show (this seemed like
            a routine) -- and when i threw a cassette at the
            guitar players' feet he stomped on it and kicked it
            back into the crowd... rock'n'roll, la....

            -- tony

            http://mail.yahoo.com