Chicago Underground Film Festival music programming

  • Chicago Underground Film Festival
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2006
      Hello folks,

      As part of the Call For Entries for this year¹s Chicago Underground Film
      Festival we are looking for Music Video submissions. We¹ve experimented off
      and on with music videos in the past but this year would really like to
      expand this part of our programming. So if you are a filmmaker,
      band/musician or label and would like to submit something entry info can be
      found at http://www.cuff.org or at http://www.withoutabox.com/1095

      Also to musicians and bands: If you are touring at the end of the summer and
      think your literary will bring you through Chicago this August 17-24 and are
      interested in playing a concert in connection with the festival please
      email me at director@.... We usually program several music shows during
      the festival and we¹ve worked with just about every Chicago venue,
      particularly the Empty Bottle, Schubas, Sonotheque and the Hideout. Most of
      these shows have featured local acts but we¹re always interested in music
      from outside Chicago. Our budget does not allow us to bring artists in for a
      one off show but if you think you can find your way to Chicago we¹d love to
      hear from you. We¹re especially interested in acts that combine film/video
      elements with their music. Every genre of ³Wire-y² music will be considered.

      Bryan Wendorf
      Festival Director
      Chicago Underground Film Festival
      http://www.cuff.org

    • mark winkelmannn
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2006
        >She's describing it as music to play in one's car, which is a bit bizarre
        >because like all of her stuff it rewards one's full attention - but then
        >she's always been crap at self-publicity. She had her website up for ages

        Nah - she's playing a clever game - if you HAVE a car you can afford her CD.
        No point appealing to the penniless student demographic.

        >PS: Did anyone else think Ian Penman's review of The Ape of Naples was just
        >a wee bit unfair? Granted I haven't heard the prior versions of some of the
        >tracks on the album which got him so hissy, but the whole thing worked as
        >an album for me and it did the teleporting thing that Coil music does.

        It seemed pretty fair and balanced, certainly insofar as he was fully aware
        of the likely reasons for his own disappointment with it.

        Find it in a jiffy with the all-new MSN Search! http://search.msn.ie/