R: [thewire] Annette Peacock's new album alert

  • Gino dal Soler
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2006
      Well, i totally disagree with Jan Penman's review, The Ape Of Naples is as
      wonderful as the Coil best albums of the past years...really moving and
      still profound...
      Gino from Italy

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2006
        Hello folks,

        As part of the Call For Entries for this year¹s Chicago Underground Film
        Festival we are looking for Music Video submissions. We¹ve experimented off
        and on with music videos in the past but this year would really like to
        expand this part of our programming. So if you are a filmmaker,
        band/musician or label and would like to submit something entry info can be
        found at http://www.cuff.org or at http://www.withoutabox.com/1095

        Also to musicians and bands: If you are touring at the end of the summer and
        think your literary will bring you through Chicago this August 17-24 and are
        interested in playing a concert in connection with the festival please
        email me at director@.... We usually program several music shows during
        the festival and we¹ve worked with just about every Chicago venue,
        particularly the Empty Bottle, Schubas, Sonotheque and the Hideout. Most of
        these shows have featured local acts but we¹re always interested in music
        from outside Chicago. Our budget does not allow us to bring artists in for a
        one off show but if you think you can find your way to Chicago we¹d love to
        hear from you. We¹re especially interested in acts that combine film/video
        elements with their music. Every genre of ³Wire-y² music will be considered.

        Bryan Wendorf
        Festival Director
        Chicago Underground Film Festival
        http://www.cuff.org

      • dinyar

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2006
            >She's describing it as music to play in one's car, which is a bit bizarre
            >because like all of her stuff it rewards one's full attention - but then
            >she's always been crap at self-publicity. She had her website up for ages

            Nah - she's playing a clever game - if you HAVE a car you can afford her CD.
            No point appealing to the penniless student demographic.

            >PS: Did anyone else think Ian Penman's review of The Ape of Naples was just
            >a wee bit unfair? Granted I haven't heard the prior versions of some of the
            >tracks on the album which got him so hissy, but the whole thing worked as
            >an album for me and it did the teleporting thing that Coil music does.

            It seemed pretty fair and balanced, certainly insofar as he was fully aware
            of the likely reasons for his own disappointment with it.

            Find it in a jiffy with the all-new MSN Search! http://search.msn.ie/