best of 2005 ?

  • David Fenech
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12 9:16 AM
      i would suggest these records in no particuler order

      - Shugo Tokumaru - L.S.T
      - konono numero 1 - congotronics
      - brian eno - another day on earth
      - colleen - the golden morning breaks
      - Jose Gonzalez - Veneer
      - Antony and the Johnsons - i am a bird now
      - Animal Collective - Feels
      - tom ze - estudando o pagode
      - danny cohen - we're all gunna die
      - troy von balthazar - troy von balthazar

      but there are lots of other records and reissues
      that came out this year.

      david fenech
      --
      WEB : http://demosaurus.free.fr
      BLOG : http://www.livejournal.com/users/david_f
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13 12:29 PM
        Danny Cohen sounds interesting, never heard that name before...Might as well check out troy von balthazar...

        To my top i have to add a recent discovery :
        Toby Driver « In The L..L..Library Loft » (2005) - perfect mix of avant-classical and doom metal atmosphere.

        David Fenech <demosaurus@...> a écrit : i would suggest these records in no particuler order

        - Shugo Tokumaru - L.S.T
        - konono numero 1 - congotronics
        - brian eno - another day on earth
        - colleen - the golden morning breaks
        - Jose Gonzalez - Veneer
        - Antony and the Johnsons - i am a bird now
        - Animal Collective - Feels
        - tom ze - estudando o pagode
        - danny cohen - we're all gunna die
        - troy von balthazar - troy von balthazar

        but there are lots of other records and reissues
        that came out this year.

        david fenech
        --
        WEB : http://demosaurus.free.fr
        BLOG : http://www.livejournal.com/users/david_f

        ---------------------------------

      • Nat Hawks
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13 4:53 PM
          Ok,

          so, i'm one of those people that hardly ever posts and
          then posts a show... appologies. if you live in nyc
          or brooklyn you might enjoy a little sound fest i'm
          putting on at the CakeShop on Thursday. pretty
          sonically adventurous, from academic improv, so jangly
          psychedelic space, so electro-fun, all with live
          video. of special note is the debut of Spirit
          Battery, an audio-video collaboration featuring two
          members of Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice. If
          you come, make sure you say hi to "nat"!

          lots of sound links below.

          : > .....

          THE 2005 LITTLE FURY THINGS MEGA-SLAM!

          *Thursday, December 15th at the Cake Shop! (I’m
          certain there are at least cupcakes!)
          *Promptly starting at 8pm ! (cause 8 is great!)
          *Show shouldn’t run too far past midnight! (cause
          that’s when my amp turns back into a rat eating a
          rotten pumpkin!)
          *I got Cake Shop to let us drop admission to $5, and
          they’ll keep my hair piece if three thousand people
          don’t come!
          * Video Projection powered by Paper Tiger TV, a New
          York City based non profit video activism collective
          who is looking for volunteers and donations! Check out
          http://www.papertiger.org

          Line-up as follows… (1st plays first. Play sound
          links in order to create a virtual preview of the
          show!)

          *With video by Carl Diehl and Mumbleboy
          (http://www.mumbleboy.com/)!

          1. SPINACH
          Brand spanking new local crooked blip-hop
          http://www.littlefurythings.net/snd/KegBert.mp3
          2. CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MINOTAUR
          Inventive, spaced-is-the-place melodic niceties.
          http://www.littlefurythings.net/snd/xsm.mp3
          3. HOLZKOPF (CD set)
          Noise terrorist from Canada
          http://www.littlefurythings.net/snd/holz2.mp3
          4. PADNA
          Toy samples, guitar swells, solo looping madness!
          http://www.littlefurythings.net/snd/padna3.mp3
          5. VORTEX
          Swirling improv duo of found sounds and children’s
          pianos.
          http://home.earthlink.net/~takeishi
          6. THE SPIRIT BATTERY
          Debut of Carl Diehl and his sister Heidi and Luke
          (from Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice) exorcising
          nightmarish media demi-demons!
          http://www.electronicelsewhere.com/spiritbattery.html
          7. HAPPINESS IS HERE TO STAY
          Happy-go-lucky fun drum machine/guitar duo!
          http://www.littlefurythings.net/snd/hihts3.mp3

          … and featuring special guests comedic -rap-duo Nilla
          Wafers!
          http://nillawafer.com/

          I ask you this: what’s not worth $5??!?!?
          Don’t be a hater… be a payer-up-er!

          The Cake Shop
          http://www.cake-shop.com/
          152 Ludlow (btw Rivington and Stanton)