RE : [thewire] Best of 2005

  • Vincent Bergeron
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 2005
      That's the thing ? Why should everybody talk about the same damn artists when there is so many interesting ones that nobody dare to talk about. Myself, i have this habit of following a little bit what the BIG magazines are talking about, but i find less and less satisfaction in listening to this pseudo-avant-whatever, that barely do anything new. I think the real interesting names are mentionned on more obscure publications, and i'm probably missing them right now...

      I never listened so much music in my life, but yet i feel that i barely cover anything.

      Simon Fay <simonfay2001@...> a écrit : Hmm, am struck by fact that 2 years after my 'Wire'
      subscription lapses the four charts submitted so far
      contain barely three names I even recognise as having
      come across before...

      Who are THE drop-names/scenes in its pages these days?

      MInd you the mag had already lost my heart to this
      situation (not quite so pronounced then) long before
      they lost my account.

      Only thing released this year that I've heard in full
      is the Robert Plant album (chuckle)

      SF

      Pop rock Alternative rock music World music Pop rock music Alternative

      ---------------------------------

    • jamie hills
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 2005
        if anyone needs the following originsal wire titles, please contact or make
        me an offer on whole lot.

        1/#ORIGINALS WITH CUT OUT CASE AND ORIGINAL TRK LISTS
        2/#HEFTY - SAMPLE THIS - SLICKER PREFUSE ETC
        4/#TAMIZDAT COMP
        5/#DOMINO COMP - SILVER JEWS PRAM PAPA M ETC
        6/#WIRE COMP F.S.O.L PHOTEK ETC
        7/#WIRE TAPPER 1 - KRIEDLER ROEDELIUS ETC
        8/#WIRE TAPPER 2 YO LA TENGO LABRADFORD SLICKER / PREKOP ETC
        9/#WIRE TAPPER 3 THURSTON MOOR RHYS CHATHAM SUPERSILENT ETC
        10/#WIRE TAPPER 4 - DANIEL FIGGIS ALOG UNIT LOW RES FX RANDOMIZ ETXC
        11/#WIRE TAPPER 5 CURD DUCA FENNEZ MIRA CALIX AESOP QUARTET ETC
        12/13/#WIRE TAPPER 6 2CD - C93 FAUST FAHEY COIL I SOUND PLURAMON FALL C
        MARCLAY YOSHIHIDE NWW ETC
        14/#WIRE 7 TAPPER IOS MICE PARADE FOUR TET LASSE MARHARG
        15/16/#WIRE 8 2 CDLIARS THEMSELVES ASH CHUNG RAY POLWECHSELMURCOF 23 SKIDOO
        RIP OFF ARTIST NOXAGT
        CDR
        17/WIRE 9 1CD OF 2 - PULSEPROGRAMMING D ARCHANGELO ETC
        18/19/WIRE 10 2CD ANIMAL COLLECTIVE KIM HIORTHOY COLLEEN UI DAVID GRUBBS