Wreck: Halloween Hell Low

  • ninplant@xs4all.nl
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005

      Ethno-Illogical Psycho-Radiographies: 310: Helloween

      PTP in the ether: 88.3FM
      Where purity & puerility are synonymous
      streaming via internet:

      31 Oktober 2005 / 17.00-19.00

      Ghosts were created when the first man awoke
      in the night.
      o J.M. Barrie

      One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
      One need not be a house;
      The brain has corridors surpassing
      Material place.
      o Emily Dickinson

      RADIO PATAPOE 88.3 FM Benefit
      Sane >>>>>>>>>>>>> trashomatic // RaRaRunnynose >>>> audio circus core
      Polyphake >>>>>>>>> plunderphonic o' tronic // Sister
      O >>>>>>>>>>> breakcore a gogo

      friday december 2nd // 19:00- 1:00h
      Plantage Doklaan 8/12 Amsterdam

      entry: as much as u like

      Some Horror Sound of the Night > Topstone [1]
      It's Halloween > Jack Dangers [2]
      A Night in a Haunted House > Generic Evil [3]
      Urantia (Hall of Souls) > Mental Nomad [4]

      Michael Lewis, angry at his gay boyfriend, used the movie 'Die Hard
      With a Vengeance' as his inspiration. He drugged his boyfriend, Tony
      Berry, into an almost catatonic state, then dressed him only in a
      double-sided sandwich-board that read "Death to all Niggers!" on 1
      side and "God loves the K.K.K." on the other. Lewis then dropped the
      victim off in downtown Harlem, NY. 2 minutes later Berry was dead.

      Witch Laugh > Generic Evil [3]
      Ghost Dub > Jack Dangers [2]
      Experiment in Terror > Henry Mancini [5]

      Fiona Given, 17 years old, was killed by a hitman hired by her
      ex-boyfriend after she broke off their relationship. The hitman was
      promised to be paid $500,000 for the task. The hitman killed the
      boyfriend after he found out that a 16 year old high school student,
      whose father was in jail for rape and whose mother worked as an
      ironing lady, didn't have access to $500,000.

      Halloween > Dream Syndicate [6]
      Halloween > Monster Island [7]
      Carney > Leon Russell [8]
      Hob Goblins> Monster Island [7]
      The Dead are Coming Back > Night of the Living Dead [9]
      Suicide Underground > Air vs Gordon Track [10]

      Military Sargent John Joe Winter killed his "two timing wife" by
      Ford Taurus she was driving was filled with 750 kilograms of
      explosive, forming a force twice as powerful as the Oklahoma Bombing.
      The explosion was witnessed by several persons, some up to 14 km
      away. No trace of the car or the victim were ever found, only a 55 m
      deep crater and 500 m of missing road.

      Ghost Story > John Cale [11]
      Daughter of Darkness > Tom Jones [12]
      Ouverture de Cette Tombe > Lefdup & Lefdup [13]
      Voodoo > Black dog vs Black Sifichi [14]
      Banging Shutter > Generic Evil [3]
      Francis Mass > PiL [15]
      Dead Coming Back > Night of the Living Dead [9]
      Halloween > The Freeze [16]
      Making Monsters For My Friends > Ramones [17]
      Wicked Insane Evil Dub > Jack Dangers [2]
      How Can You Kill Me, I'm Already Dead > Shockabilly [18]

      Vincent Bugliosi interviews Paul Watkins, Charles Manson's former
      "right hand man": Manson organized sex orgies and dominated everyone
      in the family using fear, Paul says. Paul claims he became a part of
      the family because he believed Manson was Jesus Christ. Paul
      explains that Manson believed the Beatles were speaking to him
      through their music, telling him to start a race war against black
      people. Bugliosi realizes that Manson's motive was to kill white
      people in order to spur the war.

      California Hippie Murders > Red River Dave [19]
      Heksen Sabbath [excerpt] > Boudewijn de Groot [20]
      Whistlin' Past the Graveyard > Tom Waits [21]
      Zombie Dance > Cramps [22]
      You're Dead, Let's Disco > Beans [23]
      Wake the Witch > Kate Bush [24]
      Heksen Sabbath [excerpt] > Boudewijn de Groot [20]
      Witchcraft > Frank Sinatra [25]
      The Secrets Are Everywhere > Kyron [26]
      Face to Face with Death > Kathy Acker [27]
      Zombies Walk > Jack Dangers [2]

      [1] "Horror Sounds of the Night" on Topstone cassette. Purportedly
      made by drop-out warlocks in a small Wisconsin village when they went
      on a vengeful terror onslaught wearing day-glo dildos and Roger
      Corman masks circa 1979.
      [2] "TINO'S BREAKS 6 - HALLOWEEN DUB" on Tino, 2002. Dangers of Meat
      Beat Manifesto has done many fun and interesting non-MBM solo
      projects. This is a fun Halloween dub record filled with great tacky
      scary sound effects.
      [3] "Sounds to Make You Shiver" on Pickwick.
      [4] "Mentallica and Its Inhabitants" on Wordsound
      <www.wordsound.com>. Great gloomy Brooklyn bottomfeeder doomsday dub
      beats, with metal and ghouls in an underworld of hopeless celebration.
      [5] "The Best of Henry Mancini. Drifting between the corpses of
      royalty and overrrated pianists. The horror of glamour.

      Mahmood Foli, 22 years old, was killed by an unknown member of the
      Russian Mafia after he accidentally took away the gangster's drink
      too soon at the nightclub he worked in. The gangster was so upset
      that he forced the waiter to drink over 27 litres of Coca Cola (the
      drink he had taken away) until Mahmood drowned.

      [6] "The Days of Wine and Roses" on Ruby 1982. Long hair garage punk
      sounding like Velvet and Jesus & Mary Chain half-brothers.
      [7] "Dream Tiger" on The End Is Here <www.thebookbeat.com>. Post
      Destroy All Monsters music composed by Cary Loren and sounding like a
      cross between Seeger children's songs and lullabies and the Swans
      during a tender moment. Quite moving, even though the songs deal with
      their fascination for monsters and goblinsŠ
      [8] "Carney" on Shelter vinyl, 1972. LR has always operated somewhere
      between Dylan and Dr. John; illumination and oozeŠ Here he does his
      best to to make a kind of peripatetic, wandering soul, traveling
      minstrel concept album that mixes druggie hallucinations, poetic
      metaphor, and carnival lore.
      [9] "Night of the Living Dead" by George Romero may be one of the
      scariest movies I have ever seen. Especially the scene where we see
      the little girl in the basement eating a human limb. Romero on an
      extremely low budget managed to capture a kind of universal fearŠ
      [10] "Virgin Suicides" by air and Gordon Track [voiceover] for sophia
      Coppola's debut. Air operating somewhere between the Moogs of prog
      rock, the ghost of Gainsbourg, Andre Kostelanetz and garage rock.

      Peter Stone, 42 years old, was murdered by his 8-year-old daughter,
      who he had just sent to her room with no dinner. Young Samantha felt
      that if she couldn't have dinner no one should, and she promptly
      inserted 72 rat poison tablets into her father's coffee as he
      prepared dinner. The victim took one sip and promptly collapsed
      (Samantha was given a suspended sentence as the judge felt she didn't
      realise what she was doing, until she tried to poison her mother
      using the same method 1 month later).

      [11] "Vintage Violence" on Columbia vinyl. Grumpy old man with too much talent.
      [12] "The Tenth Anniversary Album" on Tele House vinyl.
      [13] The dark dingy dub made famous at WordSound continues to gurgle
      like poison in a deep well in the middle of France somewhere.
      [14] "Genetically Modified" on Hydrogen Dukebox
      <www.hydrogendukebox.com>. Excellent trans-sexual Leroi Jones meets
      Scottish insanity in an empty dank castle. Loch Ness dub. Monster
      beats and club feet. Sifichi is Kenneth Patchen with DJ RSI. A
      tempest in a shot glass. With the voice of reason gone apeshit.
      Actually Ken Nordine's stepson and an extra in many Warhol quickies
      [age 4].
      [15] "The Flowers of Romance" on Warner Brothers. "Mount Joy is fun /
      Go down for life / Francis Moran go down for lifeŠ"[18] "Heaven" on
      Fundamental vinyl.

      Julia Smeeth, 20 years old, was killed by her brother Michael because
      she talked on the phone too long. Michael clubbed his sister to death
      with a cordless phone, then stabbed her several times with the broken

      [16] "The Freeze" 45. Punk and Halloween seem like a perfect marriage.
      [17] "Ramones: The Chyrasalis Years" on EMI, 2002. Not as good as
      their earlier years, and this includes plenty of not-great live
      recordings. But, still, you gotta admit the Ramones and Halloween are
      made for each other like vampire bats and blood.
      [18] "Heaven" on Fundamental, 1985 vinyl. Great Shockabilly period
      mid-way thru ReaganŠ This song quotes Charles Manson, Halloween
      incarnate on this earth and every hippie dream gone sour. He has
      always been a Nostradamus buffoon who has nonetheless been able to
      point out many hypocrisies and inconsistencies of straight society.
      [19] Red River Dave is a fascinating balladeer who composed hundreds
      of news/history topical songs. His tackiest and most amazing is this
      one which presents the classical redneck analysis of all that ails us
      is LSD. A slippery slope between LSD and Charles Manson plus YODELING
      and Sharon Tate screams.
      [20] "Nacht en Ontij" on Decca vinyl. Prime Donovan-like
      singer-songwriter from a period where all evidence of intellgence
      seemed to emerge from this conduit: long-hair [sensitive] man with
      guitar. Boy, were we wrong. But I was only 13Š

      Helena Simms, wife of the famous American Nuclear Scientist Harold
      Simms, was killed by her husband after he found out about her affair
      with a neighbor. For 3 months, Harold substituted Helena's eye shadow
      with a uranium composite that was highly radioactive, until she died
      of radiation poisoning.

      [21] "Used Songs" on Rhino 2001. Waits emerged as that year's Neil
      Young meets Charles Bukowski [I always thought his voice fit with
      Bukowski's face] into this era's Captain Beefheart.
      [22] "Songs the Lord Taught Us" on IRS, 1980. One of the great
      Halloween soundtrack bands. The nightmare begins when you turn them
      off. The nightmare continues when you turn them on again. Like the
      edgiest most bitter scum squeegied off the floor of Sun Studios.
      [23] "Shock City Maverick" Warp 2004. MC/producer of hiphop group
      Anti-Pop Consortium and self-described "Ornette Coleman of this rap
      shit", he seems to move easily from provocational sounds to sensual
      beats to hyper-pumped up electric existential beats to gloomy cloudy
      weather heralded by a cello piece, there is a bemused sense of sci-fi
      apocalypse tweaking our senses as we roam around looking for
      something to activate any sense in a profound way. Very good.
      [24] "Hounds of Love" on EMI vinyl. "Help this blackbird, there's a
      stone around my leg."
      [25] "Sinatra: 40 Golden Hits" on Arcade/Capitol vinyl. He was a
      timebomb who went off more than once. In part, his effect was
      produced by the affected elegance and élan of his style [a la the Rat
      Pack], who came off like Beatniks stuck in Las Vegas or the Bowery
      Boys in well-tailored suits. This élan had to compete with a
      hair-trigger set of emotional states that bordered on petty and
      psychotic, infantile and volatile.
      [26] "Persistence of Secrets" <www.deconstructionist.com/blacknote>
      Ethereal and righteous gloom arises gothically and rhizomically out
      of info culture.
      [27] "Redoing Childhood" Kill Rock Stars <www.killrockstars.com>,
      2000 o Kathy Acker: Having tried to read Acker earnestly - and
      failing - and having seen her read in the pallid flesh I was all set
      to expect the worst. I was going to hate this because of what came
      before. I had even satirized her in my own writings as the
      self-declared offspring of William Burroughs [see Crimes of the
      Beats, <http://www.autonomedia.org>]. I now regret giving tribute in
      this review, which appeared in an American Book Review 2001[?] review
      I was doing fairly regularly on spoken word. I finally had to quit
      because of differences I had with one editor regarding censorshipŠ
      Anyway, I always hate post-mortem homages and retrospectives because
      they do the dead person no good and make us feel better about having
      forgotten an artist while they were alive. But beyond Acker's
      pretentious pomo declarations embracing dysfunction as redemption,
      and despite her post-punk-Goth persona that rolled out the black
      carpet to appropriately set her stage - there was even a little coven
      of wan-fleshed Goths at her NY Tower Books reading, 1995 - I was
      really drawn in by her readings on Childhood. Ironically, on the flip
      side, Hal Willner, who I really admire, produced Childhood. He pretty
      much "invented" the quality tribute album with his Brecht/Weill
      tribute in the late 80s. Her reality is neither sci nor fi but some
      kind of rhizomic journey through a field of bad post-Burroughs dreams
      where you wend your way through Alphaville, Interzone, and the
      Torture Garden using brain scans as navigational tools. Mythology not
      as fiction but as a way of rendering our malaise visible. The
      profound imagination at work here is something I never felt reading
      her texts. Her spoken words offer her a mobility usually only
      available to a Rimbaud or an astronaut. She negotiates her way
      through a labyrinth of textual planes, appropriated myths,
      recuperations of awareness through neo-Catholic suffering and
      decadence, and fanciful Borgesian plot turns. She has the courage and
      integrity of facing her confusion - the confusion between being and
      moving, buying and becoming. And so, it must be said, she manages,
      through magic of a dramatically blasé delivery, to bring what I once
      considered pretentious and boring to life beyond life. Her voyage -
      even her "Face To Face With Death" - ultimately becomes "our" voyage.
      And that is to be commended. [From my own 2002 American Book Review
      review of this discŠ]

      Gail Queens, 23 years old, was killed by her zookeeper boyfriend
      Matthew Kellaway after she refused him sex. He 'invited her' to the
      zoo to see the lions feeding, and at feeding time led her into a room
      that had a large slide away panel. He explained to her that it was a
      large glass viewing window to watch the lions devour their prey. He
      'ducked out for a quick smoke' and locked her in the room. Suddenly
      the slide away panel opened to reveal many people staring at her. She
      was just about to yell and tell them that they were on the wrong side
      of the glass when she realised that it was her on the wrong side.
      Another panel opened and three hungry lions were let into the pen.
      Gail survived for two days in hospital before dying of massive
      internal injuries.

      Notes on other Patapoe audionauts & nuts:
      o Jonges v/d Vlakte [Boys from the Plains]: "De cottonpickin' Jongens
      Mondays @ PTP

      o Dr. Doo Wop is one of the most eccentric and stimulating radio
      shows anywhere. Sartre, DeSade, Doo Wop and music from the gonads.
      Now on Radio Patapoe on Sunday 17.00-18.00 Amsterdam time

      o Radio Antarctica is in temporary exile in the UK. Expect periodic
      patriotic broadcasts to rouse the troops on the mainland.

      o Rara Runnynose: "wonky-tonk, flop'n'roll, kids musique and
      infomercials live in a haunted house. tech? NO!" 17.00-19.00 Tuesdays

      o POLYPHAKE PLAPPERLAPAPP: "polyphone audioerosion featuring
      occasional beatweirdniks in an plaperlappap assemblage hosted by
      F.Fiasko 22:30-?? Wednesdays

      o Radio Worm: Rotterdam-based radio collective presents inventive
      programming to baffle all preconceptions. Midnight Sundays and in
      autopilot rotation.

      o HET PROGRAMMA: industrial lounge for collapsing people. Tuesdays 21:00
      * new home of Amsterdam's Radio Vrije Keyser: 89.6 FM
      * Radio Tonka, The Hague's 10-year-old free radio <www.radiotonka.nl/>
      * Radio Wanklank 90.9 FM, free radio in Wageningen <www.wanklank.nl>
      * Radio Libertaire, Paris 89.3 <http://dune2.info:5000/radiolib.m3u>
      * Black Sifichi / Audiometric is broadcast on :
      Aligre FM / 93.1 Paris (sat 22.30 - sun 7:00) http://www.aligrefm.org
      Eko Des Garrigues 88.5 FM Montpellier ( 19h - 22h)
      RTF 95.4 FM Limoges (wed 21h-23h) http://www.rtflimoges.com)

      Wreck This MeSS
      Radio 100 / Radio Patapoe
      bart plantenga
      Zeilstraat 23 / II
      1075 SB Amsterdam
      the Netherlands

      o Old playlists archived at <http://www.wfmu.org/~bart/
      o Selected Playlists at http://www.romanapoli.com/black/wreckthismess.html
      o Someday: <http://wreckthismess.com/>
      o Check out NEW excerpts from my erotic-dérive novel: Paris Sex Tete
      on Parisiana <http://www.parisiana.com/>

      CONTACT ninplant@... FOR REMOVAL