Mp3 downoload e mail order catalogues

  • Gabriele Di Fazio
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 20, 1999
      Hello! There is someone out there who can tell me some sites where I can download Mp3 files of post-rock, indie rock, electronica, drum & bass, experimental, etc. etc.? I'm looking also for not expensive and "alternative" music catalogues (on line, obviously)... let me know...
    • Frímann Freyr Björnsson
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 20, 1999
        If you get some replies to your post....could you foreward it to me....I�m looking for the same.

        I got four sites of rock....one of them has over 2000 albums....and they are all selling their stuff.

        I�ll give you the url if you want.

        Best Regards
        Frimann Freyr Bjornsson

        We are what people say we are. . .
        They project upon us their convictions
        --we are nothing but blank screens.
        --Trevor Goodchild
        �ON FLUX
        Hello! There is someone out there who can tell me some sites where I can download Mp3 files of post-rock, indie rock, electronica, drum & bass, experimental, etc. etc.? I'm looking also for not expensive and "alternative" music catalogues (on line, obviously)... let me know...
      • Chester Blaze
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 20, 1999
          Same here.... please forward. ... For all who don't know yet, check out
          http://mp3.lycos.com - some terrible aspects but you can find some stuff,
          if you get access to download. peace.

          ..chesterblaze signing off..
          �-�-�-�-�-�-�-�-�-�-�-�
          ...stay linked...
          (in my cd player now: Richard H. Kirk- The Number of Magic)

          ----------

          Hello! There is someone out there who can tell me some sites where I can
          download Mp3 files of post-rock, indie rock, electronica, drum & bass,
          experimental, etc. etc.? I'm looking also for not expensive and
          "alternative" music catalogues (on line, obviously)... let me know...
        • Mirva & Gye Bennetts
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 1999
            Dear Davis,

            Sounds like the beginning of a great site. Loooking foward to it.

            Gye Bennetts
            Hello! There is someone out there who can tell me some sites where I can download Mp3 files of post-rock, indie rock, electronica, drum & bass, experimental, etc. etc.? I'm looking also for not expensive and "alternative" music catalogues (on line, obviously)... let me know...

            I posted this before, and got a pretty good response, so I'll post the information here again for anyone interested. I set up my machine as an FTP server for mp3 files, so we could trade, and perhaps get a chance to hear things we otherwise wouldn't, and then further investigate. I don't have the bandwidth capability to make this a 'trader-center' where you can get whole albums, etc., nor would I want to. My intention is just that there might be a song there by someone you always wanted to check out, and then you could upload something in return that would be interesting to myself, or other people. Limiting factors involve a non-static IP, 28.8 modem, and the fact that it won't be constantly available. If you're interested in checking it out further, this document will explain how to get access:
            http://www.msu.edu/user/forddavi/mp3.html
            Davis
          • Davis Ford

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 1999

                > Hello! There is someone out there who can tell me
                > some sites where I can download Mp3 files of
                > post-rock, indie rock, electronica, drum & bass,
                > experimental, etc. etc.? I'm looking also for not
                > expensive and "alternative" music catalogues (on
                > line, obviously)... let me know...
                >
                > I posted this before, and got a pretty good
                > response, so I'll post the information here again
                > for anyone interested. I set up my machine as an
                > FTP server for mp3 files, so we could trade, and
                > perhaps get a chance to hear things we otherwise
                > wouldn't, and then further investigate. I don't
                > have the bandwidth capability to make this a
                > 'trader-center' where you can get whole albums,
                > etc., nor would I want to. My intention is just
                > that there might be a song there by someone you
                > always wanted to check out, and then you could
                > upload something in return that would be
                > interesting to myself, or other people. Limiting
                > factors involve a non-static IP, 28.8 modem, and
                > the fact that it won't be constantly available.
                > If you're interested in checking it out further,
                > this document will explain how to get access:
                >
                > http://www.msu.edu/user/forddavi/mp3.html
                >
                > Davis

                I'd like to know, how it's possible to convert audio file in Mp3. I've
                try Audio
                catalyst and Cdex ,but they don't work properly.
                Can someone help me?
                THANK

                LINO