UTECH RECORDS- Releases for November

  • Keith Utech
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2005
      Available now at www.utechrecords.com -

      STEN OVE TOFT "Sinners' Virtue" [021] $11
      Sten Ove Toft (Ryfylke, Waffelpung) initiates a repeating bit of static for
      several minutes before laying down the harsh noise Norwegian style. Inside
      the remainder of this single track is a texturally rich landscape that
      allows for an occasional break in the chaos to seek atonement. Recorded at
      Landmark, Bergen, Norway. Hand assembled and numbered. Edition of 100 cdr.

      PAAL NILSSEN-LOVE/ANDERS HANA "AM/FM" [023] $11
      Paal Nilssen-Love (drums) and Anders Hana (electric guitar) approach their
      instruments as if transmitters of sound and fury. Dichotomy slowly
      becomes a unified colossus and back again, a lovely furor resounding then
      drifting away to silence. Recorded at Numusic Festival, Tou Scene,
      Stavanger, Norway, 8/21/04. Hand assembled and numbered. Edition of 150 cdr.

      PAAL NILSSEN-LOVE "Twenty Seven Years Later" [024] $11
      Solo drums and percussion. This release completes our four part survey of
      recordings from Paal-Nilssen-Love. Recorded at Molde International Jazz
      Festival, Forum, Molde, Norway, 7/20/02. This performance finds Paal playing
      in the same building his father (also a drummer, now a painter) had played
      27 years earlier. These unique pieces of music tell of Paal's dedication to
      and masterey of his craft. Hand assembled and numbered. Edition of 150 cdr.

      These are the last releases for me this year. I hope you all have a nice
      holiday season. I'll see you in 2006.

      Regards,
      Keith