Re: [thewire] Substantial CD Sale

  • GREG INCE
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2005
      Hi John,

      I would be interested in seeing the list when it's ready.

      Many thanks,

      Greg Ince

      John Gibson <w.j.gibson@...> wrote:

      Hello Wire readers,

      I have a surplus of CDs from the last few years that I need to eradicate
      from my collection because (a) a lot of them never get listened to, and
      (b) I really need to become more portable, I get sick of moving hundreds
      of CDs around from address to address.

      Much of what I want to sell comes from the electronic and post-rock fields
      and dates from 1996 to the present day. Examples of artists include
      Crank, Loren MazzaCane Connors, Atau and many (many) more. A fair whack
      of it is out of print - labels such as Mille Plateaux which have become
      defunct with no plans to resurrcet any of the releases. Some of it is in
      promo form. I haven't quite finished compiling the list yet, but there's
      likely to be a good 100-150 items at least. Email me off list if
      interested; I would prefer UK readers, but am willing to consider other
      locations in the world too (although obviously each CD will cost a little
      more to overseas respondents than to UK ones). I was thinking about £5
      per CD, except in a few cases where there is more than 1 CD in the
      release. Obviously, they'll be a little more (the 4CD Loren MazzaCane
      Connors early recordings, for instance, which will be more like £9 or
      £10).

      A bulk purchase of 10 or more (or I might make this 5 or more) will earn a
      discount per CD!

      If you email me, I may not respond for a week or so, but please be
      patient, I WILL get back to you.

      John Gibson
      PhD Researcher
      School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
      University of Newcastle upon Tyne
      Newcastle upon Tyne
      NE1 7RU

      www.groovesmag.com

      Pop rock Alternative rock music World music Pop rock music Alternative rock bands List of alternative rock bands

    • mark winkelmannn
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
        Hi John

        I am in London and will take a look at your list.

        Cheers

        mark

        >From: "John Gibson" <w.j.gibson@...>
        >To: thewire@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [thewire] Substantial CD Sale
        >Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:09:42 +0100 (BST)
        >

        >Hello Wire readers,
        >
        >I have a surplus of CDs from the last few years that I need to eradicate
        >from my collection because (a) a lot of them never get listened to, and
        >(b) I really need to become more portable, I get sick of moving hundreds
        >of CDs around from address to address.
        >
        >Much of what I want to sell comes from the electronic and post-rock fields
        >and dates from 1996 to the present day. Examples of artists include
        >Crank, Loren MazzaCane Connors, Atau and many (many) more. A fair whack
        >of it is out of print - labels such as Mille Plateaux which have become
        >defunct with no plans to resurrcet any of the releases. Some of it is in
        >promo form. I haven't quite finished compiling the list yet, but there's
        >likely to be a good 100-150 items at least. Email me off list if
        >interested; I would prefer UK readers, but am willing to consider other
        >locations in the world too (although obviously each CD will cost a little
        >more to overseas respondents than to UK ones). I was thinking about �5
        >per CD, except in a few cases where there is more than 1 CD in the
        >release. Obviously, they'll be a little more (the 4CD Loren MazzaCane
        >Connors early recordings, for instance, which will be more like �9 or
        >�10).
        >
        >A bulk purchase of 10 or more (or I might make this 5 or more) will earn a
        >discount per CD!
        >
        >If you email me, I may not respond for a week or so, but please be
        >patient, I WILL get back to you.
        >
        >John Gibson
        >PhD Researcher
        >School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
        >University of Newcastle upon Tyne
        >Newcastle upon Tyne
        >NE1 7RU
        >
        >www.groovesmag.com

        The secret is out - quality Irish singles meet at Match.com!
        http://match.msn.ie/match/mt.cfm?pg=channel&tcid=237596