Substantial CD Sale

  • John Gibson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2005
      Hello Wire readers,

      I have a surplus of CDs from the last few years that I need to eradicate
      from my collection because (a) a lot of them never get listened to, and
      (b) I really need to become more portable, I get sick of moving hundreds
      of CDs around from address to address.

      Much of what I want to sell comes from the electronic and post-rock fields
      and dates from 1996 to the present day. Examples of artists include
      Crank, Loren MazzaCane Connors, Atau and many (many) more. A fair whack
      of it is out of print - labels such as Mille Plateaux which have become
      defunct with no plans to resurrcet any of the releases. Some of it is in
      promo form. I haven't quite finished compiling the list yet, but there's
      likely to be a good 100-150 items at least. Email me off list if
      interested; I would prefer UK readers, but am willing to consider other
      locations in the world too (although obviously each CD will cost a little
      more to overseas respondents than to UK ones). I was thinking about £5
      per CD, except in a few cases where there is more than 1 CD in the
      release. Obviously, they'll be a little more (the 4CD Loren MazzaCane
      Connors early recordings, for instance, which will be more like £9 or
      £10).

      A bulk purchase of 10 or more (or I might make this 5 or more) will earn a
      discount per CD!

      If you email me, I may not respond for a week or so, but please be
      patient, I WILL get back to you.

      John Gibson
      PhD Researcher
      School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
      University of Newcastle upon Tyne
      Newcastle upon Tyne
      NE1 7RU

      www.groovesmag.com
    • GREG INCE
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2005
        Hi John,

        I would be interested in seeing the list when it's ready.

        Many thanks,

        Greg Ince

        John Gibson <w.j.gibson@...> wrote:

[...]

        Pop rock Alternative rock music World music Pop rock music Alternative rock bands List of alternative rock bands

      • mark winkelmannn
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
          Hi John

          I am in London and will take a look at your list.

          Cheers

          mark

          >From: "John Gibson" <w.j.gibson@...>
          >To: thewire@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [thewire] Substantial CD Sale
          >Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:09:42 +0100 (BST)
          >

          >Hello Wire readers,
          >
          >I have a surplus of CDs from the last few years that I need to eradicate
          >from my collection because (a) a lot of them never get listened to, and
          >(b) I really need to become more portable, I get sick of moving hundreds
          >of CDs around from address to address.
          >
          >Much of what I want to sell comes from the electronic and post-rock fields
          >and dates from 1996 to the present day. Examples of artists include
          >Crank, Loren MazzaCane Connors, Atau and many (many) more. A fair whack
          >of it is out of print - labels such as Mille Plateaux which have become
          >defunct with no plans to resurrcet any of the releases. Some of it is in
          >promo form. I haven't quite finished compiling the list yet, but there's
          >likely to be a good 100-150 items at least. Email me off list if
          >interested; I would prefer UK readers, but am willing to consider other
          >locations in the world too (although obviously each CD will cost a little
          >more to overseas respondents than to UK ones). I was thinking about �5
          >per CD, except in a few cases where there is more than 1 CD in the
          >release. Obviously, they'll be a little more (the 4CD Loren MazzaCane
          >Connors early recordings, for instance, which will be more like �9 or
          >�10).
          >
          >A bulk purchase of 10 or more (or I might make this 5 or more) will earn a
          >discount per CD!
          >
          >If you email me, I may not respond for a week or so, but please be
          >patient, I WILL get back to you.
          >
          >John Gibson
          >PhD Researcher
          >School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
          >University of Newcastle upon Tyne
          >Newcastle upon Tyne
          >NE1 7RU
          >
          >www.groovesmag.com

          The secret is out - quality Irish singles meet at Match.com!
          http://match.msn.ie/match/mt.cfm?pg=channel&tcid=237596