Re: Extreme Music From Africa cd on Susan Lawly

  • gradyfinklemyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      So is that what it is? I thought you might know. All of the
      different "groups" sound kind of the same to me, like it's just
      William Bennett taking samples and putting it in some noise music.
      For some reason I can't believe that they are actually different
      groups from Africa. On the Extreme Music From Japan compilation they
      are definitely actual groups, because Masonna, Hijokadain, etc are on
      there. Strange.

      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Kraig Grady <kraiggrady@a...> wrote:
      > I really wish some African would go through the euroAMER pop music
      and
      > take nameless excerpts as prime examples of their musical
      superiority
      > showing how they are being correctly converted to their way of
      thinking

      > gradyfinklemyer wrote:
      >
      > > This purports to be a compilation of music from various groups
      from
      > >Africa. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm wondering if it's
      really
      > >just William Bennett mixing some African samples into his noise
      music.
      > >There isn't very much documentation in the cd booklet. It seems
      kind of
      > >dubious. Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

      > --
      > Kraig Grady
      > North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island <http://anaphoria.com/>
      > The Wandering Medicine Show