Re: [thewire] Extreme Music From Africa cd on Susan Lawly

  • Kraig Grady
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
      I really wish some African would go through the euroAMER pop music and
      take nameless excerpts as prime examples of their musical superiority
      showing how they are being correctly converted to their way of thinking

      gradyfinklemyer wrote:

      > This purports to be a compilation of music from various groups from
      >Africa. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm wondering if it's really
      >just William Bennett mixing some African samples into his noise music.
      >There isn't very much documentation in the cd booklet. It seems kind of
      >dubious. Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

      Kraig Grady
      North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island <http://anaphoria.com/>
      The Wandering Medicine Show
      KXLU <http://www.kxlu.com/main.html> 88.9 FM Wed 8-9 pm Los Angeles
    • gradyfinklemyer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
        So is that what it is? I thought you might know. All of the
        different "groups" sound kind of the same to me, like it's just
        William Bennett taking samples and putting it in some noise music.
        For some reason I can't believe that they are actually different
        groups from Africa. On the Extreme Music From Japan compilation they
        are definitely actual groups, because Masonna, Hijokadain, etc are on
        there. Strange.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
          i don't know