Extreme Music From Africa cd on Susan Lawly

  • gradyfinklemyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2005
      This purports to be a compilation of music from various groups from
      Africa. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm wondering if it's really
      just William Bennett mixing some African samples into his noise music.
      There isn't very much documentation in the cd booklet. It seems kind of
      dubious. Does anyone know what the deal is with this?
    • Kraig Grady
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
        I really wish some African would go through the euroAMER pop music and
        take nameless excerpts as prime examples of their musical superiority
        showing how they are being correctly converted to their way of thinking

        gradyfinklemyer wrote:

        > This purports to be a compilation of music from various groups from
        >Africa. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm wondering if it's really
        >just William Bennett mixing some African samples into his noise music.
        >There isn't very much documentation in the cd booklet. It seems kind of
        >dubious. Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

        Kraig Grady
        North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island <http://anaphoria.com/>
        The Wandering Medicine Show
        KXLU <http://www.kxlu.com/main.html> 88.9 FM Wed 8-9 pm Los Angeles
      • gradyfinklemyer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
          So is that what it is? I thought you might know. All of the
          different "groups" sound kind of the same to me, like it's just
          William Bennett taking samples and putting it in some noise music.
          For some reason I can't believe that they are actually different
          groups from Africa. On the Extreme Music From Japan compilation they
          are definitely actual groups, because Masonna, Hijokadain, etc are on
          there. Strange.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2005
            i don't know