Re: [thewire] Bad Art

  • K. Michael Babcock
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 3:28 PM
      A similar site:

      http://www.showandtellmusic.com

      While there, don't miss Lil' Markie, which includes an MP3:

      "There's no photos or credits anywhere on this album. Just the sickly
      drawing on the cover and a list of song titles. I bought it for 50
      cents on a hunch after noticing the title: "Diary of an Unborn Child".

      As far as bizarre Christian LPs, I gotta say, this is this most
      extreme thing I've ever heard. It's some full grown man with a
      munchkin voice, singing terrifying songs about drug use, abortion and
      being a fat kid and each fill me with a profound sense of dread,
      horror, and disgust.

      At one point, he acts out the part of a baby fetus, telling how happy
      he is to have fully formed fingernails at 4 1/2 weeks, and a well
      functioning heart after 6 1/2 weeks, etc., etc.

      And then ... You can guess what happens.

      This really, truly scared me the first couple times I played it, and I
      haven't played it since."

      http://www.showandtellmusic.com/pages/galleries/gallery_l/lilmarkie.html