Re: OT: free ipods for uk consumers

  • Joseph Scott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2005
      in what way is this spam?

      i've seen people post links to ebay sales on this mailing list.

      please explain the difference between these music-related postings and my
      own, because i can't see one.

      and in future, please do not swear as there are people on this list who find
      it offensive and may have young children around while they are checking
      their emails. there may even be under-18s on this list.

      thank you.

      >From: thewire@yahoogroups.com
      >To: thewire@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [thewire] Digest Number 2444
      >Date: 19 Jul 2005 10:28:08 -0000
      >
      >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Re: OT: free ipods for uk consumers
      > From: Martin Walden <mwalden391@...>

      >Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:44:44 +0100 (BST)
      > From: Martin Walden <mwalden391@...>
      >Subject: Re: OT: free ipods for uk consumers
      >
      >"it is music related" NO FUCKING BLOODY SPAM!!!!!!!
      >--- Joseph Scott <sarahmichellegeller@...>
      >wrote:
      >
      > > a friend just told me about how they received a free
      > > ipod from via the
      > > screenselect mail order dvd rental company and also
      > > emailed me this link on
      > > the bbc site about companies doing this to get the
      > > elusive 18-24 year old
      > > consumer:
      > >

      >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/3683524.stm
      > >
      > > in order get a free ipod (i think her ipod was a
      > > photo one because it had a
      > > colour screen) you go to the link below, follow the
      > > instructions and sign up
      > > to the free 1 month trial at screenselect. you can
      > > cancel the subscription
      > > once you get your ipod (or even before), but i'm
      > > doing it to watch some dvds
      > > for free instead of paying to borrow them from my
      > > local library and to
      > > hopefully get the ipod if enough people click on the
      > > link below.
      > >
      > > http://ipodsgiveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=143266
      > >
      > > sorry to anyone who is offended by this post, but it
      > > is music related !!
      > > &:-P
      > >
      > > p.s. i got the new harry potter book !!!!

      > > Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free
      > > MSN Toolbar now!
      > > http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/

      >How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday
      >snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

      It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger 7.0 today!
      http://messenger.msn.co.uk