Re: [thewire] the chap/summer listening

  • John Farrar
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7 3:00 AM
      michael jackson wrote:

      >>Let's hear what's currently on your stereo/discman/iPod.

      Brian Eno - Another Day on Earth
      Trout Mask Replica - Capt. Beefheart & The Magic Band
      Foetus - Flow
      Ali Farke Toure - Niafunke
      Willard Grant Conspiracy - Mojave
      Chris Hillman - The Other Side
      Saxon Shore - Luck Will Not Save Us From A Jackpot Of Nothing

      John F.
    • Gary Atkins
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 7 5:42 AM
        Summer sounds:

        African Head Charge: Visions of a Psychedelic Africa
        Boom Bip: Blue-Eyed In the Red Room
        Gang Gang Dance: God's Money
        Bim Sherman (in rotation every summer)
        V/A: Song Of the Silent Land (Constellation)
        3Head: Black Water
        Cedric Im Brooks & The Light of Saba
        Him: Lila
        Little Axe: Champagne and Grits
        V/A: Sounds and Pressure (Vol.'s 1&3)
        Sunday afternoons: Bluegrass on local public station

        Cheers all!

        Gary

        >Let's hear what's currently on your stereo/discman/iPod.
        >
        >Jack

      • jamie hills
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 7 11:51 AM
          Beauties from
          HIVE MIND - VARIOUS 3" CDS ESP BLACK TEMPEST
          ASTRAL SOCIAL CLUB 1/2/3/ - 4 IS BEST IMO.
          RAPOON
          ARCHIMEDES BADKAR 1ST AND 2ND
          JURI CAMISASCA
          WINDFLOWER - RARE PROGRESSIVE FOLK PSYCH THING?
          GRASSOW - FRAGRENCES / FOUNTAINS CDS
          ANDREW CHALK - EAST OF THE SUN
          DREDD FOOLE �HEROINE CELESTIAL AGRICULTURE 'DIGITAL 78'S�
          VALENTINE MATT & ERIKA ELDER (MV & EE) Heroine Celestial Agriculture Records
          1 -8 -
          WOLF EYES / BLACK DICE Chimes in Black Water 1 American Tapes CDR
          WOLF EYES / BLACK DICE Chimes in Black Water 2 American Tapes CDR
          WOLF EYES / BLACK DICE Chimes in Black Water 3 American Tapes CDR
          DOGBOWL The Zeppelin record Lithium CD
          YOUNGS RICHARD / ALEXANDER NEILSON Beating Stars HP Cycle LP
          DAMON AND NAOMI - EARTH IS BLUE - EARLY LISTENS REVEAL NO WAY AS GOOD AS THE
          LAST 2
          BROTHERS OF THE OCCULT SISTERHOOD - ANIMAL SPEAK
          CONVENTUM - A LAFF"NT DUN COMPLET
          RIBEIRO AND ALPES - LE RADABILE ET
          RIBEIRO AND ALPES - LEBERTES
          TAURPIS TULA - SPARROWS
          CARNAZSIALIA - ST
          CANZONIERE DEL LAZIO - ST
          FORENING TIL LIRETS BESKYTTELSE - ST - 1972
        • Dmitry Ukhov
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 7 12:57 PM
            Dear Giles Thomas,
            if you mean Albert(not Alvin; hope it's just a missprint)Ayler I subscribe.
            I still do listen to the last year's "complete works"edition.
            Also
            Mike Ladd Negrophilia
            Garage A Trois
            Julien Lourau first part of Fire/Forget
            the Necks (box)
            Borah Bergman 8 Meditations
            a and -at the moment of writing -
            three brand new Russian CDs with the ourpise of reviewing for
            Newsweek/Russia
            Sergey Zagny Magic Stars (actually the double CD) - conceptyal minimalism
            Sergey Starostin At Home(live at the Dom)- world
            Miller-Nowitz-Yudanov "Wittgenstein's Nephews" -new improvised musical
            "psychodrama "

            Dmitry Ukhov
          • giles thomas
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 7 1:45 PM
              Not a misprint but a human error. I feel like a f****n idjit. Albert of
              course.

              Dmitry Ukhov wrote:

              > Dear Giles Thomas,
              > if you mean Albert(not Alvin; hope it's just a missprint)Ayler I
              > subscribe.
              > I still do listen to the last year's "complete works"edition.
              > Also
              > Mike Ladd Negrophilia
              > Garage A Trois
              > Julien Lourau first part of Fire/Forget
              > the Necks (box)
              > Borah Bergman 8 Meditations
              > a and -at the moment of writing -
              > three brand new Russian CDs with the ourpise of reviewing for
              > Newsweek/Russia
              > Sergey Zagny Magic Stars (actually the double CD) - conceptyal minimalism
              > Sergey Starostin At Home(live at the Dom)- world
              > Miller-Nowitz-Yudanov "Wittgenstein's Nephews" -new improvised musical
              > "psychodrama "
              >

              > Dmitry Ukhov

            • giles thomas
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 7 1:51 PM
                The Necks, really top, I would like to have something but I haven't
                heard a recording yet that was as good as the live preformance I experienced
                about two months ago,

                Dmitry Ukhov wrote:

                > Dear Giles Thomas,
                > if you mean Albert(not Alvin; hope it's just a missprint)Ayler I
                > subscribe.
                > I still do listen to the last year's "complete works"edition.
                > Also
                > Mike Ladd Negrophilia
                > Garage A Trois
                > Julien Lourau first part of Fire/Forget
                > the Necks (box)
                > Borah Bergman 8 Meditations
                > a and -at the moment of writing -
                > three brand new Russian CDs with the ourpise of reviewing for
                > Newsweek/Russia
                > Sergey Zagny Magic Stars (actually the double CD) - conceptyal minimalism
                > Sergey Starostin At Home(live at the Dom)- world
                > Miller-Nowitz-Yudanov "Wittgenstein's Nephews" -new improvised musical
                > "psychodrama "
                >

                > Dmitry Ukhov

              • Matt Evanosky
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 9 4:59 AM
                  hey...
                  since you asked...

                  magik markers - i trust my guitar, etc...
                  valerie webb and paul labrecque - trees,chants and hollers
                  flaherty/corsano duo - last eyes
                  double leopards - halve maen
                  marissa nadler - the saga of mayflower may
                  coachwhips - peanut butter and jelly live at the ginger minge
                  a-frames - black forest
                  black helicopter - that specific function
                  feathers - live at MIT
                  davenport family - field tales
                  james blackshaw - celeste

                  thanks...
                  matt.champ

                  On Jul 7, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Gary Atkins wrote:

                  > Alternative rock music Pop rock Pop rock music
                  > Top alternative rock songs World music Alternative
                  >
                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  > Visit your group "thewire" on the web.

                • grady finklemyer
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 10 2:48 PM
                    Keith Berry-The Ear That Was Sold To A Fish
                    Asmus Tietchens-FT+
                    irr.app.(ext.)-Dust Pincher Appliances
                    Ivor Cutler-An Elpee and two epees
                    Hawkwind-Doremi Fasol Latido
                    Bill Fay-s/t
                    Om-Variations on a theme
                    Travelling Bell-Scatter Ways
                    Josephine Foster-Hazel eyes, i will lead you
                    Hala Strana-These Villages
                    Van Der Graaf Generator-Present
                    Jon Hassell-Maarifa Street
                    Spires That In The Sunset Rise-Four Winds the Walker

                    http://auctions.yahoo.com/