RE: [thewire] the chap/summer listening

  • michael jackson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
      >Let's hear what's currently on your stereo/discman/iPod.

      GORDON LIGHTFOOT
      BRIAN FERNEYHOUGH
      ANTIPOP CONSORTIUM
      THE FALL
      BURNING SPEAR
      BARRY WHITE
      XTC
      TALKING HEADS
      MIMEO
      ALISON KRAUSS
      HIS NAME IS ALIVE
      MELT BANANA
    • giles thomas
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2005
        michael jackson wrote:

        > >Let's hear what's currently on your stereo/discman/iPod.

        Alvin Ayler
        Betty Carter at the Village......
        Cecil Taylor Quartet
        Clifford Brown
        Coltrane Interstellar
        Chicago Underground CU Slon
        Fred Anderson
        Howling Wolf
        New Orleans Funk
        Jimmy Cliff, The Harder They Come.
      • Andrew Cox
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
          Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 8:24:33 PM, michael wrote:
          >>Let's hear what's currently on your stereo/discman/iPod.

          Rachel's: Systems/Layers
          Buck 65: This Here Is Buck 65
          Of: The Buried Stream
          Hala Strana: These Villages
          Derek Bailey, Amy Denio and Dennis Palmer: The Gospel Record
          Chris Cutler: Twice Around The Earth
          Pure Reason Revolution: The Bright Ambassadors Of Morning
          Brian Eno: Another Day on Earth
          Jolie Holland: Catalpa
          Tod Dockstader: Aerial #1
          Mountains: s/t
          Thomas Fanger & Mario Schönwälder: Analog Overdose - The Richochet
          Dream Edition
        • John Farrar
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
            michael jackson wrote:

            >>Let's hear what's currently on your stereo/discman/iPod.

            Brian Eno - Another Day on Earth
            Trout Mask Replica - Capt. Beefheart & The Magic Band
            Foetus - Flow
            Ali Farke Toure - Niafunke
            Willard Grant Conspiracy - Mojave
            Chris Hillman - The Other Side
            Saxon Shore - Luck Will Not Save Us From A Jackpot Of Nothing

            John F.
          • Gary Atkins
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
              Summer sounds:

              African Head Charge: Visions of a Psychedelic Africa
              Boom Bip: Blue-Eyed In the Red Room
              Gang Gang Dance: God's Money
              Bim Sherman (in rotation every summer)
              V/A: Song Of the Silent Land (Constellation)
              3Head: Black Water
              Cedric Im Brooks & The Light of Saba
              Him: Lila
              Little Axe: Champagne and Grits
              V/A: Sounds and Pressure (Vol.'s 1&3)
              Sunday afternoons: Bluegrass on local public station

              Cheers all!

              Gary

              >Let's hear what's currently on your stereo/discman/iPod.
              >
              >Jack

            • jamie hills
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
                Beauties from
                HIVE MIND - VARIOUS 3" CDS ESP BLACK TEMPEST
                ASTRAL SOCIAL CLUB 1/2/3/ - 4 IS BEST IMO.
                RAPOON
                ARCHIMEDES BADKAR 1ST AND 2ND
                JURI CAMISASCA
                WINDFLOWER - RARE PROGRESSIVE FOLK PSYCH THING?
                GRASSOW - FRAGRENCES / FOUNTAINS CDS
                ANDREW CHALK - EAST OF THE SUN
                DREDD FOOLE �HEROINE CELESTIAL AGRICULTURE 'DIGITAL 78'S�
                VALENTINE MATT & ERIKA ELDER (MV & EE) Heroine Celestial Agriculture Records
                1 -8 -
                WOLF EYES / BLACK DICE Chimes in Black Water 1 American Tapes CDR
                WOLF EYES / BLACK DICE Chimes in Black Water 2 American Tapes CDR
                WOLF EYES / BLACK DICE Chimes in Black Water 3 American Tapes CDR
                DOGBOWL The Zeppelin record Lithium CD
                YOUNGS RICHARD / ALEXANDER NEILSON Beating Stars HP Cycle LP
                DAMON AND NAOMI - EARTH IS BLUE - EARLY LISTENS REVEAL NO WAY AS GOOD AS THE
                LAST 2
                BROTHERS OF THE OCCULT SISTERHOOD - ANIMAL SPEAK
                CONVENTUM - A LAFF"NT DUN COMPLET
                RIBEIRO AND ALPES - LE RADABILE ET
                RIBEIRO AND ALPES - LEBERTES
                TAURPIS TULA - SPARROWS
                CARNAZSIALIA - ST
                CANZONIERE DEL LAZIO - ST
                FORENING TIL LIRETS BESKYTTELSE - ST - 1972
              • Dmitry Ukhov
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
                  Dear Giles Thomas,
                  if you mean Albert(not Alvin; hope it's just a missprint)Ayler I subscribe.
                  I still do listen to the last year's "complete works"edition.
                  Also
                  Mike Ladd Negrophilia
                  Garage A Trois
                  Julien Lourau first part of Fire/Forget
                  the Necks (box)
                  Borah Bergman 8 Meditations
                  a and -at the moment of writing -
                  three brand new Russian CDs with the ourpise of reviewing for
                  Newsweek/Russia
                  Sergey Zagny Magic Stars (actually the double CD) - conceptyal minimalism
                  Sergey Starostin At Home(live at the Dom)- world
                  Miller-Nowitz-Yudanov "Wittgenstein's Nephews" -new improvised musical
                  "psychodrama "

                  Dmitry Ukhov
                • giles thomas
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
                    Not a misprint but a human error. I feel like a f****n idjit. Albert of
                    course.

                    Dmitry Ukhov wrote:

                    > Dear Giles Thomas,
                    > if you mean Albert(not Alvin; hope it's just a missprint)Ayler I
                    > subscribe.
                    > I still do listen to the last year's "complete works"edition.
                    > Also
                    > Mike Ladd Negrophilia
                    > Garage A Trois
                    > Julien Lourau first part of Fire/Forget
                    > the Necks (box)
                    > Borah Bergman 8 Meditations
                    > a and -at the moment of writing -
                    > three brand new Russian CDs with the ourpise of reviewing for
                    > Newsweek/Russia
                    > Sergey Zagny Magic Stars (actually the double CD) - conceptyal minimalism
                    > Sergey Starostin At Home(live at the Dom)- world
                    > Miller-Nowitz-Yudanov "Wittgenstein's Nephews" -new improvised musical
                    > "psychodrama "
                    >

                    > Dmitry Ukhov

                  • giles thomas
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 7, 2005
                      The Necks, really top, I would like to have something but I haven't
                      heard a recording yet that was as good as the live preformance I experienced
                      about two months ago,

                      Dmitry Ukhov wrote:

                      > Dear Giles Thomas,
                      > if you mean Albert(not Alvin; hope it's just a missprint)Ayler I
                      > subscribe.
                      > I still do listen to the last year's "complete works"edition.
                      > Also
                      > Mike Ladd Negrophilia
                      > Garage A Trois
                      > Julien Lourau first part of Fire/Forget
                      > the Necks (box)
                      > Borah Bergman 8 Meditations
                      > a and -at the moment of writing -
                      > three brand new Russian CDs with the ourpise of reviewing for
                      > Newsweek/Russia
                      > Sergey Zagny Magic Stars (actually the double CD) - conceptyal minimalism
                      > Sergey Starostin At Home(live at the Dom)- world
                      > Miller-Nowitz-Yudanov "Wittgenstein's Nephews" -new improvised musical
                      > "psychodrama "
                      >

                      > Dmitry Ukhov

                    • Matt Evanosky
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 9, 2005
                        hey...
                        since you asked...

                        magik markers - i trust my guitar, etc...
                        valerie webb and paul labrecque - trees,chants and hollers
                        flaherty/corsano duo - last eyes
                        double leopards - halve maen
                        marissa nadler - the saga of mayflower may
                        coachwhips - peanut butter and jelly live at the ginger minge
                        a-frames - black forest
                        black helicopter - that specific function
                        feathers - live at MIT
                        davenport family - field tales
                        james blackshaw - celeste

                        thanks...
                        matt.champ

                        On Jul 7, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Gary Atkins wrote:

                        > Alternative rock music Pop rock Pop rock music
                        > Top alternative rock songs World music Alternative
                        >
                        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                        >
                        > Visit your group "thewire" on the web.

                      • grady finklemyer
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 10, 2005
                          Keith Berry-The Ear That Was Sold To A Fish
                          Asmus Tietchens-FT+
                          irr.app.(ext.)-Dust Pincher Appliances
                          Ivor Cutler-An Elpee and two epees
                          Hawkwind-Doremi Fasol Latido
                          Bill Fay-s/t
                          Om-Variations on a theme
                          Travelling Bell-Scatter Ways
                          Josephine Foster-Hazel eyes, i will lead you
                          Hala Strana-These Villages
                          Van Der Graaf Generator-Present
                          Jon Hassell-Maarifa Street
                          Spires That In The Sunset Rise-Four Winds the Walker

                          http://auctions.yahoo.com/