hello everyone

  • New American Folk Hero
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      hi i am new to your list.
      my name is mike tamburo, you might recognize me from my previous work
      with meisha and arco flute foundation. i am now playing solo and have
      just released a new cd on the music fellowship label. i am going on a
      tour that starts in july and will probably end in november and i can
      definitely use some help booking some shows. i am doing the whole
      country and would love to play wherever i can. if you would be
      interested in me coming to your town please get in touch with me.
      also if any of you have bands and would like to put together a show i
      would love to do that too.

      any help even a direction of someone else to talk to in your area or
      surrounding area would be greatly appreciated

      i have a track up at my website in progress http://www.miketamburo.com

      if you need to hear more songs in order to book me please get in touch.

      thanks love mike

      Mike Tamburo has been a member of the Pittsburgh avant garde music
      scene as an integral part of crystalline drumless drone rock
      structures of Meisha and the more-free flowing ethnic apocalypse music
      of Arco Flute Foundation, as well as countless spontaneous
      performances and post-gathering improv sessions.

      Mike Tamburo has created a pristine document of new American ethnic
      guitar music channeling energies similar to the likes of Fahey, Windy
      and Carl, Six Organs of Admittance, Gastr del Sol, Charlemagne
      Palestine, Loren Connors, and Tower Recordings. Tamburo approaches
      guitar with the constant joy of discovering new sounds and techniques.
      As one of the main players behind Meisha and Arco Flute Foundation,
      Tamburo has dedicated himself to exploring the nuances of his guitar
      in a group setting. With his first solo release, Tamburo combines
      guitar with sounds from a wide range of sources, including organ,
      keyboard, electronics, Tibetan bowl, alarm clock, accordion, piano,
      ebow, bowed guitar, mandolin, percussive guitar, electric piano,
      effects, and other engineering, to explore and hone in on a more
      singular sound and vision.