Re: FW: [thewire] Anthony Braxton 60th Birthday Collection

  • Tony Renner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2005
      Maybe it's just me but the words "Pay Pal" make me
      puke.

      I wanted the Fridge cd that Temporary Residence put
      out a couple of years ago so much that I actually went
      to the trouble of setting up an acount -- that I've
      never used again -- but it was pretty much a blow to
      my psyche from which I've never recovered.

      Who are "Pay Pal" and what exactly are they doing with
      our money? Feeding the hungry? Doubtful....

      Anyway, I listened to several of those Arista albums
      in the early '80s -- purchased as cutouts for $1/disc
      -- when I was way to young to appreciate them. Where
      are they now? Sold to a used record store.... Long,
      sad story deleted....

      I don't know if I can put together a show for June 4th
      but I'll definitely play my guitar on that day in
      honor of Mr. Braxton.

      -- Tony

      Yahoo! Mail