RE: [thewire] Anthony Braxton 60th Birthday Collection

  • michael jackson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2005
      >I hope I'm not sounding pushy - draw discreetly attention to the PayPal
      >campaign.

      Sure, I don't take that as sounding pushy- that was a part of my intention.
      About 15 years ago I actually called the man on his birthday to extend my
      gratitude and well-wishing

      >For the time being, I know of one Braxton tribute concert Gino Robair is
      >prominently involved in >organizing it.

      Well Mr. Robair & co. have an intimate working relationship with the master
      & have a history of interpreting his works. All I have to offer at this
      point is my enthusiasm & gratitude.

      I'll keep you posted as others choose to get involved

      best
      michael thomas jackson

      www.microearth.com/jackson

    • Tony Renner
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2005
        Maybe it's just me but the words "Pay Pal" make me
        puke.

        I wanted the Fridge cd that Temporary Residence put
        out a couple of years ago so much that I actually went
        to the trouble of setting up an acount -- that I've
        never used again -- but it was pretty much a blow to
        my psyche from which I've never recovered.

        Who are "Pay Pal" and what exactly are they doing with
        our money? Feeding the hungry? Doubtful....

        Anyway, I listened to several of those Arista albums
        in the early '80s -- purchased as cutouts for $1/disc
        -- when I was way to young to appreciate them. Where
        are they now? Sold to a used record store.... Long,
        sad story deleted....

        I don't know if I can put together a show for June 4th
        but I'll definitely play my guitar on that day in
        honor of Mr. Braxton.

        -- Tony

        Yahoo! Mail