Re: [thewire] Utech Records: Nilssen-Love/Marhaug

  • michael bloemer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2005
      Hi Keith~

      I am new to the group. I am an electronica amibent/house producer who has just finished my second cd. It is all digitally produced. Does you label deal with that genre of music, and if so, would you mind if I mailed you a copy for your due diligence and/or feedback?

      Blessings~
      michael

      Keith Utech <keithutech@...> wrote:
      Hello all,

      Don't know if anyone has read the newest issue of WIRE magazine, but Ken
      Vandermark is the subject of Invisible Jukebox. Among other things, he makes
      mention of Lasse Marhaug's visit to Chicago last September, his introduction
      to the Territory Band and the duo recordings Lasse's done with Paal
      Nilssen-Love.

      If you're interested in Lasse's solo effort recorded during said stay in
      Chicago last fall it is available now through Utech Records. "Spaghetti
      Western Rainbow" is over half an hour of laptop improv incorporating various
      elements of sound into a deviant, Morricone-inspired landscape.

      And be sure to watch the Utech Records site for the release of "Personal
      Hygiene" a recording of live pieces from the aforementioned
      Nilssen-Love/Marhaug duo. This is sure to be something you don't want to
      sleep on. Limited to 75 copies, this release will be available in March
      complete with a special hand-assembled and numbered package.

      Feel free to visit the Utech Records website for cover images and audio
      samples. Thanks.

      Keith Utech
      www.utechrecords.com

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT