new purchases

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
      Just bought a lot of stuff at half the reduced price because there's
      been a sale on in the local chain music places.
      The Taste of TG Begginners Guide to The Music of Throbbing Gristle
      Wolf Eyes Burned Mind
      Comets On Fire Blue Cathedral
      Leatherface Horsebox
      Ultra Lounge Vegas Baby
      none of which I've heard yet but am looking forwa5d to.

      plus Bob Dylan Freewheelin which was in the same chain's sale
      elsewhere and I'd somewhow never heard, tho I do know a number of the
      songs.
      got Another Side last week too which is pretty magical, bought in
      same purchase as Pantera's Long Beyond Driven(which it looks like
      Terorizer mag is calling their best) both of which I've listened to
      once only.

      I got around to listening to the free cd with the new Ptolemaic
      Terascope which is great, turned me onto Help Yourself, Jack Rose and
      Tarentel,.
      I downloaded 2cdrs of material from Tarentel's website
      http://www.tarentel.com/mp3s.html
      interesting drone impro material.
      That site had a link to the Neurot site
      http://www.neurotrecordings.com/media.aspx
      so I downloaded 2cdrs from there too which were great.

      Also recieved a bunch of Neubauten stuff cos some lovely chappy sent
      me a digidisc of about 5 different gigs from '89-'99. Haven't gotten
      right through those yet but what I've heard has been really cool as
      is the recording of the Dublin'04 gig. My best of last year as far as
      I recall.

      And then I got the Jefferson Airplane Fly dvd through the door
      yesterday which is awesome. Presumably all the extant footage of one
      of my favourite bands.
      In one of the interviews it mentions that the band once played for 4
      hours, something I thought only the Grateful Dead did. It was
      apparently a big impetus in their decision to replace my fav drummer
      Spencer Dryden with the more powerhouse but less interesting Joey
      Covington.
      I also got the usual Grateful Dead cdrs, I think I have a backlog of
      about 50 cdrs that I haven't listened to but since I keep getting
      stunned by moments I must continue burning new ones.'72-'74 are good
      years as are '68 and '69 and '70
      Stevo
    • kris_abplanalp
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2005
        Wed 13th April: Oxford, Port Mahon
        Thurs 14th April: Leeds, Packhorse (w/either Hototogisu or
        Vibracathedral Orchestra)
        Friday 15th April: Bristol, Cube Cinema
        Saturday 16th April: Brighton, Marlborough Theatre (w/Blood Stereo)
        Sunday 17th April: ????
        Monday 18th April: London, The Albany
        Tuesday 19th April: Sheffield, venue TBC
        Thursday 21st April: Glasgow, CCA, Subcurrent festival

        13th-19th are w/ Taurpis Tula & Hertta Lussu Ässä (Laura, Merja and
        Jonna (from various Finnish psych groups, Kemialliset Ystavat,
        Islaja, Avarus etc.)

        Vebb = kris abplanalp & pete nolan
      • Kev Hix
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2005
          Confirmation of Venue,

          Tuesday the 19th of April 2005, 8pm, The Grapes, Sheffield; Virgin Eye Blood Brothers, Taurpis Tula, and Hertta Lussu Assa,

          Presented by Thisaway Music in association with Other Music Sheffield.

          Be there or be...un round!!