Re: [thewire] Morricone

  • Jason Witherspoon
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 15, 2004
      At 10:30 AM -0500 12/15/04, Jean-Michel Lavergne wrote:
      >Hi ! I'd like to have a good anthology of Ennio Morricone works,
      >especially those frome the 60's. On allmusic.com, they recommend a
      >2CD compilation from Rhino, but it seem unavailable. Any suggestions
      >?
      >Thanks !

      _Mondo Morricone_ & _More Mondo Morricone_ are my favorite samplings.
      Not much of the Spaghetti Western stuff, though; if that's what
      you're after, hold out for the Rhino comp.

      --
      Jason Witherspoon
      --- ---

      Nicecast: http://64.81.51.169:8000/playlist.pls
      (on sporadically)

      This planet's ruled by evil hypnotists & ritual
      murderers....
    • Stevo
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 17, 2004
        --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Michel Lavergne <jmlqcca@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi ! I'd like to have a good anthology of Ennio Morricone works,
        especially those frome the 60's. On allmusic.com, they recommend a
        2CD compilation from Rhino, but it seem unavailable. Any
        suggestions ?
        > Thanks !

        There was a good set of 3 Western films out on the bRitish Camden
        DEluxe label as far as I recall. Its midprice too.
        There was a similar thread here about a year back too. It might be
        an idea to check the archives at the yahoo website.
        Stevo