Morricone

  • Jean-Michel Lavergne
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 15, 2004
      Hi ! I'd like to have a good anthology of Ennio Morricone works, especially those frome the 60's. On allmusic.com, they recommend a 2CD compilation from Rhino, but it seem unavailable. Any suggestions ?
      Thanks !

    • Jason Witherspoon
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 15, 2004
        At 10:30 AM -0500 12/15/04, Jean-Michel Lavergne wrote:
        >Hi ! I'd like to have a good anthology of Ennio Morricone works,
        >especially those frome the 60's. On allmusic.com, they recommend a
        >2CD compilation from Rhino, but it seem unavailable. Any suggestions
        >?
        >Thanks !

        _Mondo Morricone_ & _More Mondo Morricone_ are my favorite samplings.
        Not much of the Spaghetti Western stuff, though; if that's what
        you're after, hold out for the Rhino comp.

        --
        Jason Witherspoon
        --- ---

        Nicecast: http://64.81.51.169:8000/playlist.pls
        (on sporadically)

        This planet's ruled by evil hypnotists & ritual
        murderers....
      • Stevo
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 17, 2004
          --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Michel Lavergne <jmlqcca@y...>
          wrote:
          > Hi ! I'd like to have a good anthology of Ennio Morricone works,
          especially those frome the 60's. On allmusic.com, they recommend a
          2CD compilation from Rhino, but it seem unavailable. Any
          suggestions ?
          > Thanks !

          There was a good set of 3 Western films out on the bRitish Camden
          DEluxe label as far as I recall. Its midprice too.
          There was a similar thread here about a year back too. It might be
          an idea to check the archives at the yahoo website.
          Stevo