Re: AMM with Sachiko M - London 13 December

  • richardreesjones
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
      --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, "Nat Catchpole" <natcatchpole@h...>
      wrote:

      > The line up has changed several times over the years, most recently
      with the
      > much publicised withdrawal of guitarist Keith Rowe.

      I may have missed it but I hadn't heard anything about this
      supposedly "much publicised withdrawal", although I am aware of
      Prevost's withering comments about Rowe in his new book. I find it
      hard to believe, though, that this was the only reason for the split -
      they must have been aware of each others' politics for years.
      Does anyone have any more information as to how and why it happened?

      Richard
    • Olivier Borzeix
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
        > I am aware of
        > Prevost's withering comments about Rowe in his new book.   I find it
        > hard to believe, though, that this was the only reason for the split -
        > they must have been aware of each others' politics for years.

        Well, yes they were surely aware of eachother's views on most of those
        issues but it's more the public personal attacks of Prevost against
        Rowe that decided him to leave. It's one thing to disagree and still
        stay together but it's another one to go public about it starting a
        flamewar in the "media" (a book, and internet forums in this case).

        Just my thougt, no facts. It's quite sad that AMM had to end their
        collaboration with Rowe this way.

        Olivier

      • richardreesjones
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
          --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Olivier Borzeix <oborzeix@s...> wrote:
          It's one thing to disagree and still
          > stay together but it's another one to go public about it starting a
          > flamewar in the "media" (a book, and internet forums in this case).

          I knew about the book but not the internet forums. Which forums are
          you referring to?

          Richard
        • Olivier Borzeix
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
            It all started with this :

            http://www.onefinalnote.com/columns/2004/prevost/

            and then Eddie Prevost "answer" :

            http://www.onefinalnote.com/mail/prevost.asp

            There was a bunch of forums entry by Ertswhile"s john Abbey in the
            Bagatellen "forum" but I can't trace them back but if you're interested
            you can go there :

            http://www.bagatellen.com/

            Don't remember exactly the facts and who said what... but it was pretty
            heavy atmosphere... very sad to see that happen.

            Hope it helps.

            Olivier

            Le 04-12-09, � 10:35, richardreesjones a �crit :

            > --- In thewire@yahoogroups.com, Olivier Borzeix <oborzeix@s...> wrote:
            > It's one thing to disagree and still
            > > stay together but it's another one to go public about it starting a
            > > flamewar in the "media" (a book, and internet forums in this case).
            > >
            > I knew about the book but not the internet forums.� Which forums are
            > you referring to?
            >
            > Richard

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
            > <l.gif>
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > �
            > �
            > Service.

          • Olivier Borzeix
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 9, 2004
              Though, I don't want to be mistaken, I don't think the internet plaid
              any part in Rowe's departure, the book and the "inside" relations alone
              must have been the reason. Internet just made it a bit more painful w/
              lots of figures from the improv scene indulging themselves in some
              slightly childish debates (which aren't worth the internet hunt in my
              opinion).