RE: [thewire] On Land, state of 'Wire'

  • michael jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      i recall hearing ""On Land" in the early 80s around the time I was checking
      out TG, Maurizio Bianchi
      NWW, P16.D4 & the philosophies of John Cage. My epiphanie came when I
      discovered a VOX LP
      of "Musique Concret" w/ pieces by Schaeffer, Phillipot, Ferrarri, Mache, et.
      al. Imagine my surprise that other people had done what I had set out to do
      before my father was born. From here, I was
      led to Stockhausen. Ligeti, Berio, & Davidovsky before I turned twenty.
      Braxton, Dolphy, Coltrane
      & the AACM had sewn their seeds at this point as well.

      So what of Eno today ? Is his recent work worth a listen ?

      ciao, michael j