On land Epiphany

  • Simon Fay
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
      "Message: 1
      Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:49:05 +0100
      From: "Steven Wainwright"
      <steven@...>
      Subject: on land

      I hold 'On Land' solely responsible for my interest in
      music,

      Anybody else pinpoint a specific record as an
      epiphany?"

      It was highly significant for me too. Others...
      Tangerine Dream 'Atem'
      Metheny/Mays 'As Falls Wichita...'
      Kraftwerk - 1st
      Einstuerzende Neubauten 'Malediction' EP

      there's more but...

      SF

    • jamello@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
        after childhood years of only knowing top 40 am radio hits, i remember the
        day my older brother came home with a copy of the newly released "transformer"
        by lou reed, which unveiled an entire seedy underbelly that i had never
        imagined and have since explored...musically, that is to say.

        In a message dated 9/30/2004 9:39:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

        "Message: 1
        Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:49:05 +0100
        From: "Steven Wainwright"
        <steven@...>

        I hold 'On Land' solely responsible for my interest in
        music,

        Anybody else pinpoint a specific record as an
        epiphany?"

        It was highly significant for me too. Others...
        Tangerine Dream 'Atem'
        Metheny/Mays 'As Falls Wichita...'
        Kraftwerk - 1st
        Einstuerzende Neubauten 'Malediction' EP

        there's more but...

        SF

        Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

        Check out Music Videos, Internet Radio, Artist Photos, Music News!
        LAUNCH Music on Yahoo!
        _Click Here!_ (http://us.click.yahoo.com/Wkrq7C/JARHAA/n1hLAA/nnJolB/TM)

      • ludanboth@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
          ah yes - to discover that Kraftwerk sounded the way they did before they
          turned into er, kraftwerk. those first 3 albums are all sublime.

        • mark winkelmannn
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2004
            Look & Laugh by Fela Kuti. I'd had it on tape for a while and never played
            it till I read about him (in the Wire) just after he died. Then I played it
            a lot and got into that whole afrobeat thing which I'm still stuck on.

            http://messenger.msn.com/